VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with this the site really doesnt say what the hp gains are on this item, and has anyone put this in there car like a OBDII 12V VR MKIV?

SPS - Serial Port Switch
Revo Technik are proud to release their New SPS switch. The Patented OBD2 interface is the ultimate compliment to Revo performance software. The Revo SPS gives the user the ability to switch between Revo performance modes and a stock performance setting via the vehicles OBD2 port.

The new SPS has a preset stock mode, the ability to store three performance settings and the additional benefit of a security lockout program.

Simply select a program, plug in, wait a few seconds, remove the select device and start the car. It's simple and there's no fixed switch to alert to any modification.

Petrol
1.4 / 1.6L Bosch / Siemos / Marelli N/A
1.8 / 2.0L ME7 N/A
2.4 / 2.8 / 3.0L ME7     Requires Setup*
2.5L 5cyl ME7 / MED9     Requires Setup*
3.2 / 3.6L ME7 / MED9     Requires Setup*
4.2L S4 /S6 / A8 / ALLROAD ME7     Requires Setup*
4.2L S5 / A6 / Q7 MED9     Requires Setup*
4.2L V8 RS4 / R8 MED9x2     Requires Setup*
VAG Turbo Petrol
1.4TSi (Twin charger / turbo) MED17 Ready to Use
1.8T (Non-drive-by-wire Cable Throttle M5 Ready to Use
1.8T (DBW) (K-03/K-03S Turbo) ME7     Requires Setup*
1.8T (DBW) (K-04 Turbo) ME7     Requires Setup*
1.8TFSi/TSi MED17 Ready to Use
2.0TFSi MED9     Requires Setup*
2.0TSi (MKVI Gti, Scirocco, etc) MED17 Ready to Use
2.5TFSI (TTRS) MED9     Requires Setup*
2.7T (Bi-Turbo) S4, A6, RS4. ME7     Requires Setup*
4.2T (Bi-Turbo) RS6 ME7     Requires Setup*
VAG Turbo Diesel
1.4 TDi PD (3 CYL) EDC15 Ready to Use
1.9 TDi / PD EDC15 Ready to Use
2.0 TDi PD EDC16 / PPD Ready to Use
2.0 TDi CR EDC17 Ready to Use
2.5 TDi T5 / Caravelle EDC16 Ready to Use
2.7 Tdi EDC17 Ready to Use
3.0 Tdi EDC16 / EDC17 Ready to Use
VAG DSG
DSG Stage1 N/A
DSG Stage2 N/A
Porsche Normally Aspirated Petrol
911 3.4 / 3.6 / 3.8L ME7     Requires Setup*
Boxster / Cayman 2.7 / 3.2 / 3.4L ME7     Requires Setup*
Cayenne 3.2 / 4.5L ME7     Requires Setup*
Porsche Turbo Petrol
911 3.6L ME7     Requires Setup*
Cayenne 4.5L ME7     Requires Setup*

9,888 Posts
The SPS is our switching device, it is not what installs the software or actually responsible for the gains.

Just like a chip from back in the day our software must be installed in the car however now it is done through the OBD 2 port. This allows us to put multiple maps into the ecu to make changes to throttle response, AF (in this application) and timing. The SPS is the device that gives you the ability to access this.

On an older vehicle like yours which is out of warranty it is not really needed unless you want to change between octane programs or have the ability to switch the car to stock. Most people out of warranty never care about going to stock. If you have no desire to run anything but 91 or 93 all the time and have no plans to use race fuel then you really don't need the SPS just the flash itself would do what you need.

Our site is a mess since it global and we are sorting that, hopefully have a US specific site in the next month or so. But in the mean time we do have 12V software available through any of our dealers retail price is 339 gains are between 10-15hp and 10-15 ft/lbs of torque depending on octane and ambient conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts