VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the revo sps3 and am thinking about upgrading my turbo. now people say that adding a bigger turbo cant be done but alll revo is doing is measuring the air going to the engine and compensating for fuel. i know that u can run 22psi on a stock k03 and adding a bigger turbo of course wont let you push that much but safetly some good 12-maybe 15 psi for sure.
can someone explain me why ppl say it cannot be done?

· Registered
405 Posts
bro, for someone who has 3,664+ post, this is a pretty un-informed question. to answer your question, yes it can be done. thats why you see the billions of threads about big turbo software. revo offers software for most big turbos.

· Registered
6,775 Posts
Re: (03gti1.8t)

its not so much boost as it is flow which is going to determine when your stock injectors will be inadequate at supplying the proper amount of fuel for the air your forcing in....revo bt sw matches a proper size maf housing w/ injectors that can work w/ a specific range of turbos/power outputs
thats as broad and simple as i can get lol

· Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (03gti1.8t)

well bro i only worked on 8v and 16v, am only trying to find info on 1.8T for my buddy. now the research, well thats why am asking to get answers since thats what this forum is for. in my opinion i dont see why it cant be done and would like to get technical responses to prove me wrong. just trying to help another dubber out, thats all

· Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (DubTron41)

well that can be determined to on how much boost u can run having a dyno and air/fuel right? thats what am trying to say, u can run a bigger turbo but of course not at the same boost level and if you change the maf housing to a vr6 would help as well.

· Registered
6,775 Posts
Re: (jetta8vwolfsburg)

Quote, originally posted by jetta8vwolfsburg »
well that can be determined to on how much boost u can run having a dyno and air/fuel right? thats what am trying to say, u can run a bigger turbo but of course not at the same boost level and if you change the maf housing to a vr6 would help as well.

but thats what im saying it depends on the size of the turbo and its flow. u are going to change your maf if u run bigger injectors, do not run a bigger maf on stock injectors even w/ a stock turbo u will lean out...revo has bt files although far from perfect, it is much better then using ko3 sw
and to answer your other thread yes its a $200 upgrade and they have 380cc, 440cc and 580cc injector programs

Modified by DubTron41 at 6:39 PM 9-9-2005

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.