VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie and I just want to know if anybody has this revo stage 1 tune for the dsg transmission done? What do you think about it. I am going to get a revo tune for the my tdi motor but I read that the dsg transmission will only allow you to have 250 pounds of torque to the wheels. let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Look up user plac on golfmk6.com

Or YouTube lasthumansgarage

I want say he has some sort of dsg tune:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sure it was DSG you read that can only handle 250? iirc the dsg can handle a K04 no problem.
it can handle a lot more torque than that, but the software is set up to limit the motors torque to 250 ft pounds to the wheels. So if you have a stage 1 tune or higher and have a dsg transmission you are getting all your horsepower they told you, but only 250 ft pounds of torque to the wheels. Thats why I wanted to see if anybody has had any type of dsg software tune done. Look on HPA's website and they will tell you about the torque limit that volkswagen put in the sofetware for the trans. I want to have HPA do the tune but they are up in canada. I would have to have them mail me the loaner box for programing and the deposit for those things is a lot of money. So I called a local shop and they said they could do a Revo dsg tune so I wanted to get some feedback on anybody who has had it done.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
How do you limit the torque in the transmission anyway? You have to actually manipulate timing or throttle or something in the engine to cut output, which would affect power....I know cars like the big AMG Merc that they might not let you use all the capacity of the engine in the lower gear because of the gearing multiplier would exceed the limit of the tranny...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.