VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in a related topic, but I just want to know if anyone on this board is running Revo Stage 2 on your 2.0t fsi engine. I've emaied revo, no reply. Their website does not have a clear answer.
I was planning on installing an AWE exhaust next week. When I called my revo installer at hillside (I am running stage 1 now) he told me that Revo does not yet have the Stage 2 program for the FSI engine. I know that Stage 2 has been out for awhile. But, can anyone confirm that you are somone you know actually has it installed?

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (crew217)

Thanks Dave. It does not instill much confidence in me that it's out and he does not know about it yet. There is great shop here in Portland, Matrix Integrated, that will be doing my exhaust, brakes, and suspension, but they only sell GIAC. I may have to switch over. GIAC gets a bit pricey when you start adding all the other program to the basic install. Plus, I understand that with GIAC you can't tweak the timing, boost, and fuel to match the 92 octane we have in Oregon.
Thanks again

Modified by kayaker10 at 10:35 AM 8-18-2006

· Registered
9,089 Posts
Re: (kayaker10)

Quote, originally posted by kayaker10 »
Thanks Dave. It does not instill much confidence in me that it's out and he does not know about it yet. There is great shop here in Portland, Matrix Integrated, that will be doing my exhaust, brakes, and suspension, but they only sell GIAC. I may have to switch over. GIAC gets a bit pricey when you start adding all the other program to the basic install. Plus, I understand that with GIAC you can't tweak the timing, boost, and fuel to match the 92 octane we have in Oregon.
Thanks again

GIAC also will not get rid of the CEL that you'll probably get from running an exhaust with HFC. The SII is just a flash . . . . really doesn't take much installer involvment to load it. You can set the settings yourself via SPS if you really don't trust him.
Dave

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called Revo USA

I spoke with Revo and they definitely have stage 2. They wanted to know my ecu number to make sure they had the version for my car. I guessing it should be available for the 06 Audi A3, with the F fuel pump. I'll be putting the full AWE resonated exhaust with metal cat on the 28th. Should be fun! Thanks for all the help. I'm sure GIAC would have been great as well. With the bucks saved not having to switch over, statis tracksports just got a little cheaper (when they arrive of course).

· Registered
9,089 Posts
Re: Called Revo USA (kayaker10)

Quote, originally posted by kayaker10 »
With the bucks saved not having to switch over, statis tracksports just got a little cheaper (when they arrive of course).

Tracksports are available right now . . . . although I might have another viable option for you in a few weeks.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.