VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (ScottieGTI)

didnt know bout that? Ill ask my dealer today...what's it suppoesd to do?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (ScottieGTI)

Quote, originally posted by An email reply from Revo... »

The newer Revo software (v2) is certainly stronger power wise. I have
not compared the software back to back regarding any type of surging
issue yet although on the dyno it is stronger.

Some who have gotten it said it has cured partial throttle fluttering/surging/etc. Hoping to get the update this weekend.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (keifa9)

the update made the partial (half) throttle surge a little less noticeable, but from time to time it rears its ugly head. no big deal for me though, its not that bad.
apparently it leans the mixture a little bit at the top end which gives a little more power. i did notice the gain after driving home from waterfest where i got the update.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (Mk2Scirocco16v)

I got it at waterfest, seems to pull harder around 4500 rpm, and doesnt stop pulling. Even though the boost is letting off the car keeps pulling like a mother!! its awsome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (Royale5)

Got the update over the weekend (thanks to Zev @ Avalon Motorsports). After a couple days of driving, I can say that the partial throttle fluttering appears to have been nearly eliminated. Can't say I've noticed more power, but I haven't put it on a dyno either.
So if you have the opportunity, get the update. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (gtifan)

what is partial throttle fluttering? Is it when you left off the throttle that it flutters or does it flutter during partial throttle?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: REVO updates.......... (337GTIspeed)

Quote, originally posted by 337GTIspeed »
what is partial throttle fluttering? Is it when you left off the throttle that it flutters or does it flutter during partial throttle?

For me, the fluttering/surging occurred when you were on the throttle -- usually about half throttle, between 3-4k RPM.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gtifan »
After a couple days of driving, I can say that the partial throttle fluttering appears to have been nearly eliminated.

Looks like I spoke too soon...noticed some significant fluttering over the weekend. Think I may try cleaning my DV and seeing if that helps.
Anyone else get the update? How were your results?

·
Registered
547 Posts

i am seeing my dealer on sunday. i have sps1 3bar program with a stock dv. he wants to feel the surging and then he will update me. if the suring still continues after that i am going to get a forge dv from him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts