VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Re: (apaper)

The electric glass stuff I have been looking into. I can't find anybody that sells kits any more. I'd imagine they got attacked by the coppers. The only problem I found with the glass stuff is that it turns clear when voltage is put through it, not when it's turned off so this causes a drain on your system. A small drain but a drain none the less. I have a Jetta so I just thought about mounting a cheap 5 watt solar panel in the rear deck.
I might look into making a few but haven't been very active in it yet. To many projects as it is.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Quote »
illinois made any cover over your plate now illegal because of the voltage glass.

That sucks.
Ahhh, I cant wait for the day when you have to get a permit to take a **** in your own bathroom....

·
Registered
1 Posts
flipping license plate

This web site sales such a device like the one you described. It will allow two license plates to be mount and with a push of button,it will rotate revealing the other plate. Instead of flip 90 degree down or cover the plate or show and go,this one will rotate 180 degree. It is a little pricey but with one red light ticket,it pays itself off or couple of months of passing toll booth. Check it out at www.licenseplateflipper.com

21 - 29 of 29 Posts