VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Jetta TDI. I was wondering if it is possible to rewire my headlight switch so that my parking lights are always on and my drls are selectable. I would like to do this so I can have fog lights with my drl. Then I would let the parking lights burn out so I can have no lights if I want. Does anyone know if this is possible and would have any pointers on how to do it. I am open to other suggestions as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2012 Jetta TDI. I was wondering if it is possible to rewire my headlight switch so that my parking lights are always on and my drls are selectable. I would like to do this so I can have fog lights with my drl. Then I would let the parking lights burn out so I can have no lights if I want. Does anyone know if this is possible and would have any pointers on how to do it. I am open to other suggestions as well.
I have been interested in this for a while, I.e. manually rewiring the switch to customize what bulbs come on when. I posted about it here. I received a reply from an individual who pointed me to a very very helpful thread.

Long story short, he found a solution through using an ODB Eleven module to code his DRL's and low beams to run simultaneously. I believe you can do this for the other bulbs as well.

If you do happen to figure out a way to re-wire the switch, please let me know! I upgraded my 2013 Jetta to the Euro switch, and I know there's got to be a way to do it.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts