VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

I was trying to find an MK3 here in the Stuttgart area that wasn't completely molested or rusted out. Most of what I found was one extreme or the other. An MK3 would have been ideal, so I could take it with me at the end of my tour, but in the end I was in need of wheels and after two months I grabbed an '06 MK5 off the locally economy that I'll have to leave behind sometime later. For now though, it's in pretty good shape and fun to drive. It's my 4th VW...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking at possibly selling my mk3 soon. Lots of work done to it. No rust other than the usually front finder rust. Not sure if you'd be interested just throwing it out there.

Did you post pics of this when you first picked it up? I think I remember seeing it. I might be interested, but since I just bought one it'll depend on timing and what I can get through the budget committee (wife).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you post pics of this when you first picked it up? I think I remember seeing it. I might be interested, but since I just bought one it'll depend on timing and what I can get through the budget committee (wife).
Ha I completely understand on the budget committee I can relate. No rush. I probably won't be ready to sell it until December time. I was just going to drop it off at RAB lemon lot but figured someone local on here would like to take a stab at it first. Yes I posted pics of it when I first picked it up. It's a pretty fun car to drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ha I completely understand on the budget committee I can relate. No rush. I probably won't be ready to sell it until December time. I was just going to drop it off at RAB lemon lot but figured someone local on here would like to take a stab at it first. Yes I posted pics of it when I first picked it up. It's a pretty fun car to drive.
I have a co-worker more seriously interested than I am. Message me (or post) a ballpark price and some quick specs that I can share with him.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why does this forum seem to lack..... idk comradery I guess. It sucks. If anything I figured this section of the forum would be closer seeing how it's targeted in a specific area. All I see are a few posts here and there, people trying to sell stuff and such and that's it. No one trying to get anything together, no one trying to do a little meet and greet. Nothing, why? Previous auto forums I knew so many on a first name basis and still keep in contact with them to this day.

·
Registered
78 Posts
stationed at Landstuhl

whats up guys!
I just got my stage 2 mk7 gti here. Would be awesome if we could do local meets or cruises!:thumbup::D
Haven't even been to a show in a LONG time, looking forward to the spring and taking trips to shows!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I pass Lundstul everyday to work. How are you liking the area. How long have you been here?
I love it here. I live on base unfortunately but I just love Germany overall hah. I've been here since April of this year but didn't have my car shipped to me until now. Just got it and all I can say it the autobahn is amazing lol.

How about you? How long have you been here?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love it here. I live on base unfortunately but I just love Germany overall hah. I've been here since April of this year but didn't have my car shipped to me until now. Just got it and all I can say it the autobahn is amazing lol.

How about you? How long have you been here?

The autobahn is fun. Man that been a long wait for your car. I've been here since July. I'm still somewhat adjusting to things here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anyone know of a reputable paint shop around the k town area? Going to be replacing the front fenders on the MK3 soon due to typical fender rot and wanted to have the replacements paint matched.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.