VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
g-damn i'll miss this place

the .:R is sold and it's time for me to move after 8+ years in Germany. i'll miss the autobahn and all the fun times I had with others over the years...

if you see the new owner running around, holla at him; he's a cool cat. I hope to be back one day!! take care everyone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah, about that...

was hoping to get a rs 4... but no warranty makes mama worry, especially when brakes all around alone will set you back $2500-$3000

thought about a 2013-on up s4... but the front-runner right now is a 2014 sq5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

Been in Spangdahlem since October and picked up a 99 A3 1.9 TDI. Been into American muscle til I got it lol, but I'm liking the diesel and lightweightness (relatively).
No mods yet but I'm working on a self developed piggy back ECU.
Any one else at Spang?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello all,

Been in Spangdahlem since October and picked up a 99 A3 1.9 TDI. Been into American muscle til I got it lol, but I'm liking the diesel and lightweightness (relatively).
No mods yet but I'm working on a self developed piggy back ECU.
Any one else at Spang?
Welcome. Maybe this summer we can get a meet set up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sup

Just got here a couple months ago...been a dubber for about 10+ years...waiting on my Golf R to get here..would like to get a "cars and coffee" meet in rotation...I'm working at sembach but live in Siegelbach

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
FV-QR

What's up guys! I am going to be moving down in the area in January from England. I have been here since 2012, and am looking forward to the move down! Anyhow, I have been eyeing up some German websites and some sales on eBay, also considering maybe even getting something from here and bringing it down, just have to keep the wife "ok" about it all. I really honestly want an R, and have the cash to pick one up if it's right. Are there any local pages or facebook pages anyone has a group on? I have gotten on the KMC lemon lot page and another one, but typically it's all used US spec cars and turds.

Anyhow, Ive been an avid VW owner since 2002 and only look to expand. Hope to meet up once I get down!

-Dave

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I just got to RAB on the 1st. I'm looking to get my s2k track ready again. Does anyone know of where I can get a custom alignment done in the area?

I'm also interested in getting together with some like minded individuals. I'm always down for helping wrench on some cars while having a beer or two.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been in Kaiserslautern for a few years now, but new to the VW scene.

2015 GTI S Midnight Blue.

I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good reputable shops in the area that I could get lowering springs (Emmanuele Springs) installed? I refuse to go to "Ok Car Styling"

So far I'm considering "CS-Tuning" in Kaiserslautern.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sup

Just got here a couple months ago...been a dubber for about 10+ years...waiting on my Golf R to get here..would like to get a "cars and coffee" meet in rotation...I'm working at sembach but live in Siegelbach
Cars n Coffee meet sounds good. Let's get it started!! Better late than never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cars n Coffee meet sounds good. Let's get it started!! Better late than never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's 2.:Rollin on my new screen mane (thanks vortex rules) I am down to start a cars and coffee meet somewhere...do some meets..drives...BBQs...hangouts...the ring...I'm in Siegelbach

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.