VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this car may need a new clutch, not 100% ... I’m no mechanic but I’m thinking it’s something else, currently have a post in Transmission section hoping to find a fix. I am just copy and pasting from my Craigslist post. You can check out the post for pics. Thanks for your time, don’t hesitate to message me!!! I am open to trades also. $2,200 obo

Photo Album: https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157713131378952

Craigslist ad: https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/north-smithfield-2001-vw-gti-18t-stage/7088232840.html

I am selling my Stage 2 2001 VW GTI 1.8t ... Too many toys and this one has to go. Huge list of upgrades, unfortunately the clutch may need to be replaced... Also it could be as little as a bushing or readjustment.... no grinding or anything, it just will not engage in any gear.. so this will need to be towed... also the speedometer needs to be reconnected to tranny....Message me with any questions you may have or set up to come and check the car out. I am asking $2,200 or best offer

Cold air intake
s4 diverter valve (NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED, $160, doesn’t hold the necessary boost at higher speeds)
Audi TT injectors
front mount intercooler
Audi A8 coils
KO4 turbo
3 inch down pipe, no cat 3 inch exhaust, magnaflow muffler
timing belt was done with all pulleys
mk3 diesel tranny with quafe differential send power to both wheels
stage 2 clutch (Needs adjusting or replacement)
Upgraded brakes from 20th Anniversary
FK coilovers, 18x8.5/ 18x9.5 wheels. Car will reach 22lbs to 25lbs of boost no problem.
Also computer mapped to a stage 2... Car very torque and high horsepower. Replaced o2 sensors, MCAD sensor, front two axles as well.

Car also comes with a few uninstalled upgrades like stainless steel brake lines, front grille.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts