VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

first of all, let me tell you, that I'm coming from MazdaSpeed6 territory. What brings me in here, is the fact that we have the same fuel pumps, and I have the same symptoms as many threads over here list. However, I don't seem to see that many similar issues in MS community.

So basicaly I have this:

* car runs normal highway etc
* car idles poorly, wiggly rpms, some backfire with throttle input etc
* car mpg is terribly
* gas smell in oil
* idling, when all the aux stuff is turned off, trims will start going down down into negatives, as low as -20% and even more
* sometimes all of sudden it will change, and start acting normally again

I have checked/replaced MAF, o2 sensors etc, but now you made me believe its the HPFP.

As I understand, if the seals go bad, the leak fuel into oil, which goes into intake because of poor PCV system, and skews all the readings, and causes this.

So I'm ready to check my HPFP. Which is a completely stock OEM pump, by the way, with stock internals.

However, before that, I would like to know what to look for. First of all - which seal is the one that goes bad? Can it be replaced? The MS community never buys new pumps like you guys do, and almost noone seems to have any issues with just dropping in internals?

I would prefer not to buy a new pump, because of the price, it's very high for me (I'm from Lithuania). I can find a used pump over here, from CX-7, that's not a problem, but that probably will have the same risks associated?

So is it possible to replace the seal and avoid replacing the whole pump?

Thank you for any input!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Resurrection of an old thread.

Iam in the same boat, running reach and gathering info for already three months.

I need to know if HPFP'S that I found are compatible with my car, wich has the Banjo bolt if Iam right.

Searched for the part number of my current oem HPFP
06F 127 025H, but all search results at Ebay for example show units without the banjo style.

Anyone knows if I can fit my banjo connector to one of those? I want a new one but there are affordable good looking units out there. Help and TIA

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Resurrection of an old thread.

Iam in the same boat, running reach and gathering info for already three months.

I need to know if HPFP'S that I found are compatible with my car, wich has the Banjo bolt if Iam right.

Searched for the part number of my current oem HPFP
06F 127 025H, but all search results at Ebay for example show units without the banjo style.

Anyone knows if I can fit my banjo connector to one of those? I want a new one but there are affordable good looking units out there. Help and TIA
I believe the latest revision on the pump is K, 06F-127-025-K

If the pump has a barbed fitting, you just need to swap your banjo bolt on to the new pump. When doing this be careful when removing the fittings, as there is a washer/spacer in between the fitting & pump. Don't lose it because it's not available as a separate part.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ok thanks for the info.

I will just swap back my Banjo fitting.

I was searching and found that it can be retrofitted, just to point out though, I might stick with the Banjo for now.

I will take care with the washer/spacer. Thanks again.:thumbup: :peace:

I believe the latest revision on the pump is K, 06F-127-025-K

If the pump has a barbed fitting, you just need to swap your banjo bolt on to the new pump. When doing this be careful when removing the fittings, as there is a washer/spacer in between the fitting & pump. Don't lose it because it's not available as a separate part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.