VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY... Remember me? No? Yea... well...

Just thought I'd post my most recent VW.

Billy Bishop and I flew down to GA to buy a VR6 swapped Mk3.5 Cabrio many many years ago, and he modded it more and showed it and drove it occasionally... and then it broke... and then it sat... and then it was neglected for years while he had other life things going on. He ended up getting it running again and I told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd buy it. I miss having a Cabrio... especially a VR6 one.

So, I bought it. I havent done much to it but so far I've swapped wheels to my old 993's oem Cup 2s (17x7s & 9s), tried to wet sand the 3 years of bird **** etch, put gas in it and have just been drivng around now and then. I will probably do a few things to it (bigger brakes, possibly a different set of coilovers, repair the seat stitching, etc.) but honestly, it doesnt need much.

Just wanted to share...

Car Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
971 Posts
HEY... Remember me? No? Yea... well...

Just thought I'd post my most recent VW.

Billy Bishop and I flew down to GA to buy a VR6 swapped Mk3.5 Cabrio many many years ago, and he modded it more and showed it and drove it occasionally... and then it broke... and then it sat... and then it was neglected for years while he had other life things going on. He ended up getting it running again and I told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd buy it. I miss having a Cabrio... especially a VR6 one.

So, I bought it. I havent done much to it but so far I've swapped wheels to my old 993's oem Cup 2s (17x7s & 9s), tried to wet sand the 3 years of bird **** etch, put gas in it and have just been drivng around now and then. I will probably do a few things to it (bigger brakes, possibly a different set of coilovers, repair the seat stitching, etc.) but honestly, it doesnt need much.

Just wanted to share...

View attachment 187948

View attachment 187949

View attachment 187951

View attachment 187952

View attachment 187950
Rich:

Wow! That baby is sweeeeeettttttt! How many miles are on it? Where in Maryland do you live? I lived in Bethesda 6 years and Silver Spring 9 years. Love Maryland! Miss all the good food! NGP built/tuned my MKIII Jetta 7 years ago. Those guys are the BEST! Safe driving...

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! That baby is sweeeeeettttttt! How many miles are on it? Where in Maryland do you live? I lived in Bethesda 6 years and Silver Spring 9 years. Love Maryland! Miss all the good food! NGP built/tuned my MKIII Jetta 7 years ago. Those guys are the BEST! Safe driving...
Thanks! Uhh... mileage... I cant remember, lol I think like 135k? The engine has had every ounce of maintenance you can imagine so I never paid attention to the miles. The paint is a bit beat after sitting outside for years but it looks good at dusk, lol. I'm in Baltimore... Dundalk technically now. And yes, the NGP crew are/were always great.

Looks clean, welcome back to the club.
Thank you!

Looks great Rich... I'm trying to find one myself. I have a brand new set of Cup 1 waiting to installl :)
Thanks again... Hell yea... Cant go wrong with Cup1s <3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts