VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Re: ridding of DRL (Terragen)

I am confussed on something. If I place electrical tape over the "TFL" pin how is that different then removing the "TFL" wire? Since eletrical tap would not allow the contacts to "contact" the pin wouldn't rmoveing the wire also do this thus leaving the circut in a constant open state?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re: ridding of DRL (IZFresh69)

quote:[HR][/HR]I am confussed on something. If I place electrical tape over the "TFL" pin how is that different then removing the "TFL" wire? Since eletrical tap would not allow the contacts to "contact" the pin wouldn't rmoveing the wire also do this thus leaving the circut in a constant open state?
[HR][/HR]​
here, I wont be mean... I got good tips/help here over the last year so I think I'll take a second and pass it along.
You're right, taking out the TFL wire IS the same as taping up the pin. The above post was talking about taking out a relay (#137 I think) which does two things, removes DRL/removes e-brake warning light. Most people dont want to have the e-brake light out too, so taping the pin or pulling the wire (TFL) are good REVERSABLE options!!! Hope that helped.
-jfost

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: ridding of DRL (gizo)

tape up the TFL switch, duct tape or electrical tape will do, but be sure to fold it over the pin , not around...also dont remove the switch excessively afterwards the tape will come off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts