VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 1648 Posts

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
That's the greatest house I've ever seen.

And it's in California, so I could just park my vintage Bugattis out front all year and intimidate poor people.

·
Registered
39,635 Posts
That's the greatest house I've ever seen.

And it's in California, so I could just park my vintage Bugattis out front all year and intimidate poor people.
I'm pretty sure that house comes with a security force trained to shoot any poors who get past the several gated access points surrounding the property/community. :laugh:

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
22,255 Posts
And I'd like to add I agree these too big west coast homes are not something I'd want. Give me a small 1 bedroom built right on the cliffs for tens of millions instead. An incredible view and bragging rights location is more important to me :beer:

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's the ugliest ****ing thing I've ever seen
Oh yes, it is quite... gaudy. It's a cigar smoking 80 year old tycoon kind of place... Hefner style.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I hit the Sotheby's web site, selected oceanfront, and searched by price.

Jupiter Island oceanfront. 13 bedrooms. 18,000 square feet. $72 million

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
There isn't a photo in there that is appealing to me.

It's a very cold looking place to me. More so an "office" vibe to it. And the kicker is that its in a neighborhood where the average house is maybe 750k tops? Terrible road/hill too. It is however only a mile and a half from that other listing I posted........go figure. Ridgefield Conn:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Last time in NYC...I saw some sick $50M listings.

However, the craziest RE listings I have ever seen "in person on one street" is Incline Village, NV - Lakeshore Drive.
My wife and I walked the whole length 1.5 yrs ago and we saw 3 that were above $25M including one at $48M.
All winter/summer 2nd homes on Tahoe owned by silicon valley titans.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Last time in NYC...I saw some sick $50M listings.

However, the craziest RE listings I have ever seen "in person on one street" is Incline Village, NV - Lakeshore Drive.
My wife and I walked the whole length 1.5 yrs ago and we saw 3 that were above $25M including one at $48M.
All winter/summer 2nd homes on Tahoe owned by silicon valley titans.
Incline Village is the tax address of a crap load of Silicon Valley millionaires escaping California taxes.

1 - 20 of 1648 Posts