VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (MainEvent)

I like that vent.....it kinda looks like what's on the new M3. but that far back
I'm not sure it's functional at all....is it? I guess you could run some
duct work......pretty slick look. Who makes it where can you get it and how do you install that.....I'd definitly need help with that.

·
Registered
22,403 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (exboy99)

I'm going to have to say that's ricey, just because we chomp on Honda's and other Japanese cars using Z3 look a like fenders. And I think this would be the same if we used this on our cars. But thats my opinion!!!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (VDoubleUVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm going to have to say that's ricey, just because we chomp on Honda's and other Japanese cars using Z3 look a like fenders. And I think this would be the same if we used this on our cars. But thats my opinion!!![HR][/HR]​
My thoughts too. Its cool for about a sec and then you realize that it isn't functional at all, and there is not really ANY connection between an M3 and a VW. It makes sence for us VWs to use Audi Parts . . .

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (JoeArlo)

Z3 fenders and a custom grafted m3 vent are completely different. Z3 fenders are pointless and stupid (unless you graft the real things on). M3 vents are fuggin shweet!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (Slapshotnerd)

M3 is related to VW in that they are from the Motherland, and germans know how to build a mean car.
Any ideas of how you would mount that vent? How much would the cost?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (MainEvent)

to each his own but i think thats lame....///M3 vents on a vw...does the vent actually say ///M3 on it?...if so thats no good.....good luck either way you go

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (veedub12vr6)

What does it say? It says - Hey Im trying something new. If you notice, he has a GTi badge on the vent. Many of our mods have no function, and I think this Vent thing is sweet. It adds some jazz to the car, a little bit of uniqueness,

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (SBGTi96)

djdizolve is a friend of mine. He mounted the fender vent by hacking the sh*t out of his fender with a circular saw. It was very scary, i was there. I wouldnt reccomend doing this on your own. If your actually thinking about doing it pay a proffessional to do it cause the metal is fairly thin and will warp VERY* easily. Hes the only one in the US (or anywhere for that i know of for that matter) that has actually done this mod. I know he has been VERY reluctant on posting pictures of his car on the tex' because he was afraid of someone else biting and not being unique anymore.
IMO: if you want to do something unique like this, find a different vent or mod to acheive a similar custom look. Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (Spydervr6)

Im sorry...but Im copying that vent. That is a sick ass idea, and im going to do it up. I just want info on a price and more details on how you do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts