VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car

964 views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  kyokoris 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (MainEvent)

I like that vent.....it kinda looks like what's on the new M3. but that far back
I'm not sure it's functional at all....is it? I guess you could run some
duct work......pretty slick look. Who makes it where can you get it and how do you install that.....I'd definitly need help with that.

#5 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (VDoubleUVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm going to have to say that's ricey, just because we chomp on Honda's and other Japanese cars using Z3 look a like fenders. And I think this would be the same if we used this on our cars. But thats my opinion!!![HR][/HR]​
My thoughts too. Its cool for about a sec and then you realize that it isn't functional at all, and there is not really ANY connection between an M3 and a VW. It makes sence for us VWs to use Audi Parts . . .

#9 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (veedub12vr6)

What does it say? It says - Hey Im trying something new. If you notice, he has a GTi badge on the vent. Many of our mods have no function, and I think this Vent thing is sweet. It adds some jazz to the car, a little bit of uniqueness,

#16 ·
Re: Rieger/M3 Vent Grafted onto car (SBGTi96)

djdizolve is a friend of mine. He mounted the fender vent by hacking the sh*t out of his fender with a circular saw. It was very scary, i was there. I wouldnt reccomend doing this on your own. If your actually thinking about doing it pay a proffessional to do it cause the metal is fairly thin and will warp VERY* easily. Hes the only one in the US (or anywhere for that i know of for that matter) that has actually done this mod. I know he has been VERY reluctant on posting pictures of his car on the tex' because he was afraid of someone else biting and not being unique anymore.
IMO: if you want to do something unique like this, find a different vent or mod to acheive a similar custom look. Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.