VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a Right Hand drive conversion?? Alot of the JDM honda kids convert their LHD cars over to RHD. They buy front clips from japan and swap everything. usually works out better for them since they want the motor the most. if you got pics of a swap in a NA car post it up. When i get my A2 it is some thing i am seriously considering. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: Right Hand drive conversion???? (GTI_FEVER)

the german cars were L HD if you wanted R HD you would need to find some british dub parts

EDIT: look at me, what is my deal i cant even tell Left from Right , I seriously need some sleep

[Modified by vokalwagen87, 6:05 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Re: Right Hand drive conversion???? (vokalwagen87)

quote:[HR][/HR]the german cars were RHD if you wanted LHD you would need to find some british dub parts
Why in the world
[HR][/HR]​
What the...?

I think you have it wrong. German cars are LHD, just like N/A cars. British cars are RHD.

·
Registered
Mk4 VR6, Mk2 16v, E30, P71, Accord DD
4,285 Posts
Re: Right Hand drive conversion???? (Mooz!)

quote:[HR][/HR]German cars are LHD, just like N/A cars. British cars are RHD.[HR][/HR]​
This is the truth.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Right Hand drive conversion???? (ghostrider)

Come on guys, how sweet would it be to pull up to a larget GTG with a sweet euro'd out mk2 and then people look closer and see it is a RHD? I know you would need the whole front clip but it would be cool. Also having a whole crew of people with RHD cars. mk1-mk4 now that would be hot http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,312 Posts

I agree with you, I'm trying to find a contact in the U.K. to perform this on my Rabbit. Every other mod has been done and you wouldn't lose it in the parking lot!

·
Banned
14,893 Posts

Doing a RHD conversion is easy, the Mk2 was built LHD and RHD, it's not a conversion like the Mk1 is. The brakes don't have any funny linkages that's the Mk1. The firewall doen't need changing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Re: Right Hand drive conversion???? (Vdubs)

quote:[HR][/HR]Doing a RHD conversion is easy, the Mk2 was built LHD and RHD, it's not a conversion like the Mk1 is. The brakes don't have any funny linkages that's the Mk1. The firewall doen't need changing.[HR][/HR]​
I agree...the South African Jumbo Golfs had the Master Cylinder on the right (and Fuse case as I recall, but that can be left alone).
Get a dash, fint lower windscreen part and wiper linkage, as well as a Rack and of course pedals....not much else to it...
Oh, change the drivers' lock to the RHD one...so you don't lock your keys in the car.
Then objects in the mirror WILL be closer than you think....
I want to do this also one day...for the wow factor....and Since I lived In South Africa, I want to make mine eventually to SA spec....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.