VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a set of rims and tires off of facebook market place.

Seller had them on a passat b 5.5 ( don't know the exact year or package) lowered.
I know the rims are Koenig 18x9 not sure of the off-set or back spacing nor model. I also know the tires are slightly larger than what I currently have ( my gli has 225/40 18 vs 235/45 18 on what I'm looking to buy and internet tools have said that's about half an inch difference )

this is where the whole I'm dumb part comes in.... I would assume they will fit my unmodified 2015 gli. But smart enough not to assume. Maybe some of you wise folk can identify the rim model, so I can see if I can find the specs, or just flat say of they will fit, or not.

Thanks for any help here, I think I did my research correctly here. But this is my first foray in to rims out side of stock spec.

7thmoose ( from the left )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't answer your other questions, but I'm pretty sure those are Konig Z-In. Seems like you need more info though...offset, 5x112 or 5x114 or ?, etc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Posting says 5x112 on the lug, can the offset be measured easily? The seller does not have the original packaging so he does not have it directly

·
Registered
2018 Peacock Green VW AllTrack
365 Posts
The specs are usually printed on the backside of the rim.

You're overall diameter change is more than an inch which will affect your speedo. You'll be going faster than you think (1mph lower speeds 5mph high speeds).

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The specs are usually printed on the backside of the rim.

You're overall diameter change is more than an inch which will affect your speedo. You'll be going faster than you think (1mph lower speeds 5mph high speeds).

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Tapatalk

all i got off the backside was
e17 and farther down .02

I think these are 45 mm offset

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.