VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep...Noticed it yesterday. Right in the center of the driver's seat. About half an inch long.

Now, I'm not the skiniest person in the world, but I do take good care of my leather seats, I'm always concious of any sharp objects in my pockets, and I've never ripped a leather seat before. Is this acceptable from a $36,000 car that's not even a year old???

On top of that, I just replaced a windsheild (first time in my LIFE) becasue of 6 (yes, 6) chips over a period of 6 months! $530 for a new windsheild.

But as for the seats....is this something that yiou think VW will take care of???? I sure ashell hope so, considering the money I spent on the car!

· Registered
28 Posts
Just wondering - have you conditioned the leather since you bought it? My leather seats were so dry when I bought the car I was worried the leather was just going to crack on its own. A few generous applications of leather conditioner and the seats are a healthy, shiney, glossy black now. Conditioning also revealed the stretch marks in the leather that are going to need some extra care in the future.

VW should be shot for how poorly these seats are conditioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.