VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
S2000, E320
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of one of many people's favorite comedians, and native Ottawan, show me Canada unique trim packages, models, colors, etc.

I'll start. For 2001, Honda offered Monte Carlo Blue for Canadian S2000s. Looks like the color was ROW also, but I'm counting it since it was not offered in the US at all.

Forehead Hair Cheek Smile Chin

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
Civic, Civic Si, CRV, Miata
2,987 Posts
Pontiac gave us a refreshed Sunfire sedan from 2003-2005, whereas South of the border only got the coupe.

We also got the ROW T30 X-Trail in 2005 and 2006. The final few thousand units were numbered Bonavista editions with a unique exterior color and trim. The last one was IIRC given to the mayor of Bonavista Newfoundland.

·
Registered
13,983 Posts
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Affalterbach Edition

Mercedes C63 AMG: Affalterbach Edition - MBWorld

Performance car enthusiasts who reside north of the border in Canada will be
lucky to get the special Mercedes C63 AMG Affalterbach Edition. If
you’re wondering where the “Affalterebach” comes from in the name of the car,
it’s the municipality in Germany where the AMG Performance Centre is located.
The name is also there to differentiate the car from the C63 AMG because of a
number of styling changes and new equipment.

Don’t get your hopes up of actually driving one though. It is a special edition after all, with only 30 units expected to be produced – and available only to Mercedes enthusiasts in Canada.
The special edition model is covered in MAGNO Allanite Gray paint and includes AMG brakes with red calipers as well as black 19-inch AMG multi-spoke wheels. In addition, the mirror is covered with carbon fiber and a rear lip spoiler. The car is powered by the optional 6.2 liter V8 that runs the C63 AMG and delivers 481 horses and 443 lb-ft of torque. The gearshift lever sports an embossed Affalterebach logo. The leather seats feature red contrast stitching and the interior includes carbon fiber trim, floor mats with red leather piping and there is an I.D. badge that asserts that this is a “1 of 30” — unique to say the least.
The edition’s premium package adds a rear view camera, parktronic, command apps with an HDD navigation system, a DVD changer, Harman/Kardon Logik 7 surround sound system, multi-media interface, and keyless go. The AMG performance package adds 30 more horses to the engine, carbon fiber AMG trunk lid spoiler, and limited slip differential.
The car was unveiled at the Montreal Auto Show in January and will be in available only in Canada starting in the spring. MSRP is said to be $81,500 Canadian.

·
Registered
MINI R60 JCW, BMW F30 B58
4,076 Posts
VW sold the MK4 up to 2010 in Canada as the CityGolf and CityJetta. They were stripped of options and I recall both sold very in early 2007. CityGolf and CityJetta were 50%+ of VW Canada sales.

Both got a facelift in 2008. In Nov/Dec 2019 MK5 and MK6 had low inventory but it might have been possible to see a new MK4, a new MK5 and a new MK6 on Dealer lots.

I've quoted the images below from a 2007 vwvortex thread.

Re: New Jetta City (50 MPG)

The auto is now a 6-speed
Road test report http://www.auto123.com/en/info...&pg=1

·
Registered
562 Posts
Quoting myself from 11 years ago:

Probably not all that obscure to most Canadians, the Isuzu Impulse was briefly sold in Canada as the Asuna Sunfire:

The Asuna brand was very short-lived, and only had three models.

The above is an Asuna "SE", clearly an Opel Kadett/Vauxhall Astra/Pontiac LeMans/Passport Optima. The Asuna version didn't even have a name, it was just trims: either SE or GT.
The last Asuna was a version of the Suzuki Sidekick:

It was called Sunrunner.
The Sunrunner replaced the GMC Tracker

and was itself replaced by the Pontiac Sunrunner.

So, for those who lost count, the Suzuki Sidekick was sold in Canada at various times as the Sidekick, Geo Tracker, Chevrolet Tracker, GMC Tracker, Asuna Sunrunner and Pontiac Sunrunner.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I mentioned the Passport Optima in the quoted post above:

Very clearly it's just another rebadge of the Opel Kadett of the time, and sold in the US as the Pontiac LeMans. Passport was a GM Canada dealership network that sold Saabs, Isuzus and their only standalone product, the Optima, beginning in 1988. The Passport brand was retired in 1991 and the Optima was sold at Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealers as the aforementioned LeMans, and then the Asüna SE/GT. The former Passport dealers sold Saturns and became Saturn-Saab-Isuzu dealerships.

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
8,753 Posts
Pontiac gave us a refreshed Sunfire sedan from 2003-2005, whereas South of the border only got the coupe.
Imagine a time when an automaker made both a two door and four door version of a sedan, and chose to sell only the two door option.

·
Registered
1989 M3, 1998 M3, 2000 323it
1,822 Posts
45 Canadian edition e36 m3.
s50b30 euro motor, only brought in 94 due to some trade loopholes

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Fargo trucks of Canada (Dodge in USA):
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Grille

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

🍺

·
Registered
A chili pepper and a little gator.
6,932 Posts
RIP Norm.

Living near the bordering and popping into Canada every now and then there were two cars I'd see that made my jaw drop. The citigolf was already mentioned, so I present, the Acura CSX (a badge engineered 8G civic).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts