VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all. inside near the hinge on the lid of the center arm rest in my 98 avant. their is a rj45 port. whats it for?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Phone Jack or Ethernet Jack in your A4 arm rest???

I've noticed either a phone jack or Ethernet plug in when I open my arm rest, I'm not sure which one I just got my car and only looked at it like twice because it's not registered yet...I've never heard of this in an a4 before so I was wondering if anyone else had this option on their a4 and if so how does it work?...is their a satellite in the car or something?

·
17,317 Posts
Re: Phone Jack or Ethernet Jack in your A4 arm rest??? (v1nyd)

merged. please use the search in the future. thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Re: (Elballoonrat)

Quote, originally posted by Elballoonrat »
just a note: just because you have the rj45 port doesn't mean you'll have the antennae. for example my avant.

Yep, I have no antenna.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Re: (Enur)

i have the jack with no antenna too i think im gonna hook up a car phone though i wonder how that will score for points in a show???????????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Re: (gregg3gs)

my car had the phone jack under the center console i was trying to clean up a bit and found it stuffed up under the capet. so i think it is a dealer installed option if u want it.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
FV-QR

the problem is, with the way arm rests break, ppl dont go through the right steps of taking it out and just break where it sits in the arm rest... then they just shove it under the console when they get a new arm rest lid.
i'll proudly say, mine still clicks into its original spot.
booya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts