VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase the RML snowflakes 16x8 et 30 ... Wondering if anyone has any pics? tire size etc.. ? I tried the search button couldn't find what I was looking for...

thanks!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm looking to purchase the RML snowflakes 16x8 et 30 ... Wondering if anyone has any pics? tire size etc.. ? I tried the search button couldn't find what I was looking for...

thanks!
No pics on cars yet because the first batch are just shipping today :)

As for tire size, most people are going with either a 195/40 or 205/40 :beer:

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
seriously?:sly:

I can think of about 20 different wheels for the MK2 are WAAYYYYYYYYY more played out than this wheel...:wave:
I never said they were played out, in fact they are relatively new. there are classic wheels that will always look good that some people may say are played. but i didnt say they were played.

they are a copy of a classic VW wheel with new age wheel specs. they look okay but lack any kind of flavor or originality. i think that its awesome that someone decided to rebuild this classic wheel but its not gods gift to VW's. it looks good but lets leave it at that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I never said they were played out, in fact they are relatively new. there are classic wheels that will always look good that some people may say are played. but i didnt say they were played.

they are a copy of a classic VW wheel with new age wheel specs. they look okay but lack any kind of flavor or originality. i think that its awesome that someone decided to rebuild this classic wheel but its not gods gift to VW's. it looks good but lets leave it at that. :thumbup:

Serious? We alllll know they are a classic VW wheel !!! geez... A company has taken a great design and given it a bit of a different spin with some new size options...

I like snow flakes

but now, I say i NEVER knew this basic wheel could look soooo good...

I say thanks for a great new product!

I wanna see how the 16" look on a corrado...please!!!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
they look okay but lack any kind of flavor or originality. i think that its awesome that someone decided to rebuild this classic wheel but its not gods gift to VW's. it looks good but lets leave it at that. :thumbup:
Can't argue with any of that :beer:

Not for one second did we ever think with these RML Snowflakes were we "reinventing the wheel" or anything like that. All we knew was that this type of design didn't previously exist and gambled that a decent number of people would appreciate them if we made them.

As a matter of fact, we totally knew these were on the OEM+ side of things and pretty much the opposite of what you'd consider some flavorful, original design. IOW, it was a given that they were going to be too tame or "boring" for some people.

Not only is it impossible to please everyone, but it's pretty stupid to even try :D

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
wtf?

most overrated wheel ever :thumbup:
You gotta be kidding me? Did I miss a rating system somewhere? Goddddd!:facepalm: Let's be real for A second here. This company invested a nice lump sum of loot into presenting us enthusiasts with a viable option for a custum OEM style wheel and somehow in flipdriver's little brain can conjure up this one phrase write off? All I have to say is... Just because you may think something, it doesn't mean you have to say or voice it on the web.... you may later realize just how wrong are and/or how much of an idiot you sound like. :wave:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts