VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all,

I know there are a few threads in regards to installing the Infinity Basslink into various VWs. The Basslink has built in Line Out Converters (LOCs) and provides the connectors to hook the signal wires to it. My question is this:
Will connecting to the speakers wires directly behind the RNS510 work for getting the correct signal. I've included the standard wiring pic as a reference. The specific area is the block of connectors labeled with an 'A' on the right of the image.

The other question is that I recieved the "wiring diagrams" from my dealer that indicate that my car has an amp. The dealer believes that the amp is intigrated into the RNS 510. Is this the case? if not, where is it? and if it is in a different location, would it be better to hook up the signal wires to that?

I want to get this installed this weekend. So, please help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would try and grab the speaker wires at the floor between the 2 doors under the floor seal. The ones for the back door speakers. I had the infinity also and tapped it there. It turnes on from the speaker. then all you need to do is run a power wire and ground.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would try and grab the speaker wires at the floor between the 2 doors under the floor seal. The ones for the back door speakers. I had the infinity also and tapped it there. It turnes on from the speaker. then all you need to do is run a power wire and ground.
All car stereos have an "amp". Yours is inside the "head-unit", unless you have a Dynaudio system, where the amp is located under the drivers seat.
Alright then thank you very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.