VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing my RNS510 in my Passat. I coded it to get the sound working and it does but I am working with ODIS. I do NOT have vagcom or VCDS. So I don't have the long code helper. I have to code each byte blind. Could someone tell me the hex codes for each byte 0-9 and their meaning so that I can make sure I didn't screw something else up? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'11 GOV (AJ) TDI 6MT
331 Posts
@FamilyMan486 : You might find this useful: VW Radio Navigation System (RNS510) - Ross-Tech Wiki

You might also tease out some byte level values from reference scans of J0506:

BTW, we have VCDS that's linked to our A4 for one of the 3 VINs. I've been trying to avoid using the 2nd VIN on our VW (though I may bite-the-bullet after VWoA resolves some body rust issues this spring), so I've use VCDS to document long coding, then use one of my VAG-aware hand-held tools (e.g., Foxwell NT-510) to (re)code modules, as needed.

Reactions: FamilyMan486

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@FamilyMan486 : You might find this useful: VW Radio Navigation System (RNS510) - Ross-Tech Wiki

You might also tease out some byte level values from reference scans of J0506:

BTW, we have VCDS that's linked to our A4 for one of the 3 VINs. I've been trying to avoid using the 2nd VIN on our VW (though I may bite-the-bullet after VWoA resolves some body rust issues this spring), so I've use VCDS to document long coding, then use one of my VAG-aware hand-held tools (e.g., Foxwell NT-510) to (re)code modules, as needed.
The first link was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I don't plan on getting a VCDS simply because I also do a lot of work on other makes and I'm working with a passthru device. Plus when I do immobilizer work, dealing with VW directly feels safer to me haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm a dumba$$. I completely forgot that ODIS will give me each of the hex values and what they do if I look for the "Target values" while coding. Next time I hook up to my machine I'll write them all down and post them here for anyone that wants them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts