VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable...
On my way to work this morning, some dude proceded to bomb through his Yield sign, and we almost collided. I was on the horn and the brakes, he was on the brakes swerving to the side.
You figure I would be the one with the Road Rage, well, this guy was screaming waving his hands. He changed lanes then blew by me yelling and screaming.
We get to the stoplight ahead, and of course I am right next to him. He opens his passenger window and starts screaming at me. I open my drivers window and look over at him and say, "Sir, you ran through a Yield sign". This pissed him off even more. You would think I slept with his wife or something. So I just laugh and roll my window back up.
He keeps swearing at me, screaming, waving his hands, the light turns green and he turns left and I go straight.
Sorry for the rant and anticlimatic ending, but some people need to chill.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Road Rage (DiscoStu)

MAN !!
similar thing happened to me, well not really but. I was sitting in my school parking lot waiting for a spot a WAMMM some maniac comes whipping around the lot almost hitting me head on !! and just to top it off when I get back to my car after class someone stole my chrome caps off my wheels.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

I can't stand the lew-zers who can't take responsibility for their own mistakes like this moron did to you

I (in the right lane) passed a new Celica (in the left lane) on Walker, east bound in front of Nike on my way home. Not a racing pass, just moving with traffic -- people behind me and in front. He is easily one full car-length behind me. The lane merges from two to one lane. He speeds up near the merge, trying to get his nose in front of me as I'm beginning my merge! I'm talking blatant acceleration! I keep merging and he stays where he is, actually moving into ON COMING TRAFFIC! and laying on the horn. He quickly gets a clue and moves behind me (now that we are in one lane). At the light he's off in another lane and is yelling and flipping me off like I'm at fault for his poor driving. I just blew him a kiss, smiled, then focused on the traffic light (all the while glad my doors are locked and my gun is at my side).
I love Oregon drivers http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
23,115 Posts
Re: Road Rage (mayASwellBstock)

next time just scream "God Bless ya"
my old ex did that when a ******* cut us off.. really confused the poor bastard.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Road Rage (Gaki)

next time...just yellow out..."proud to be an american too" and mumble jackass after........i hate road rage...but sometimes im overcome buy it too...but im sure all of us are one time or another in our life...although i never yell at peopl or anything

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

They dont call us m*******s fer nothin' LOL
That sucks man. Do what I do. Smile huge
wave (your #1) and continue like nothing happend. Drives em nuts

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
Re: Road Rage (GTI VRsick)

quote:[HR][/HR]get this, like 2 months ago, i was drivin home from a buddies at around 1 am and i was driving pretty quick and came up on some highschoolers... i drove by them pretty fast, didnt look over, no reason too. i came to a stop light with them and the kid and his friends start yelling at me because i passed him and he some how took offense to this
.. the kid proceeds to get out of his car, in the middle of the road and wants to fight me, i said, "yeah, ill fight you, follow me..." You can imagine how hard it was to loose an intrepid with 4 people while i was in my GTI VR6 with one person
losers...[HR][/HR]​
hahahaha ... usually i get people wanting to kill me all the time... but i dont like road rage so i dont usually stay around to hear them curse or watch them get out and try to fight me ... the shoulder and middle of the lanes are perfect getaways ....cars on the road are like auto x cones... dont let them piss you off ..but watch your step and dont hit any of them
hahahaa

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Re: Road Rage (STEALTHDEMONDUB)

My road rage incident.
about 3 yrs. ago I was driving with a friend in his beater car. This van behind us starts hoking all crazy for no reason. So he pulls up beside us and starts yelling stuff out the window but we can't here him or understand him and that makes him even more mad. Then he throws an oopen beer bottle out the window and it smashes on the windshield. So we're like what the [email protected] and I find an empty small can of pringles and throw back at the van. We laughed but he didn't find it very funny. So he starts chasing us so we speed up then slam on the brakes and this guy locks his brakes and turns 180 in the middle of a three lane road! We take off but get stuck between cars at the next set of lights and he pulls up right behind us. We roll up the windows and he gets out punches through the drivers side window and punches my friend in the face before the light changes. We get to the police station and some other guy that seen everything found us there and got the guys plate number. So the guy in the van got arrested for assaulting a minor that was awesome. Sorry for being so long I just thought it was a good story.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Re: Road Rage (A3VWGOLF)

i prefer to drag them through the window, or kick the door shut on their leg. Fighting ain't cool, but when you need to the crazier you act the less they mess with you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: Road Rage (A3VWGOLF)

About 4 yrs ago my buddy and some guys were driving down a main road in town. They yell out some crap to two *******-lookin guys. One runs up and reaches into the back window to hit my friend who had shouted the insults. So the car peels away...only the ******* dude is hanging onto the car from the inside, he wrapped his arms around the beam between the two windows. So my friends in the car punch this dude in the face with a padlock about 20 times, all the while, driving, dragging him upwards of 30 mph, eventually he lets go and rolls to the curb as my friends speed off. Anyway, cops found my friends, but there were no charges brought on them because they were all minors, and the dude that grabbed hold of the car was 18+. How's that for some semi-roadrage?

·
Banned
6,135 Posts
Re: Road Rage (DaveNY)

if people get mad at me and try to get all crazy I spped up find the slowest car I can and pace them so it boxes the jerk in. I just like watching people go crazy in their cars it makes me laugh.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

mass. is the worst state i have EVER seen for drivers, im form ME and during the summer we get tourists from everywhere in the northeast and thensome. that story sounds pretty crazy. my friend was on hondatech and saw a video of a guy tailgating and so the dude threw his air freshener out the window behind him (lil tree thing) and the guy pulled a gun....thats F$%$ed up!! anyone else seen that vid?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Road Rage (GTI VRsick)

get next to a slow car so they can't pass wait till they are red in the face and pull away with your wave .it works great

[Modified by bones2.8, 5:18 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Re: Road Rage (bones2.8)

i dont know....i dont agree with that....an air freshner is an air freshner.....doesnt constitute pulling out a hand gun....that S^%& is just not cool....speaking of which...i hope no one drives with a gun!!!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Re: Road Rage (late_apex)

quote:[HR][/HR]if people get mad at me and try to get all crazy I spped up find the slowest car I can and pace them so it boxes the jerk in. I just like watching people go crazy in their cars it makes me laugh.[HR][/HR]​
Thats always fun

Whats also fun, is do that with tailgaters, not really road rage people, but if you tailgate, I slow down, you cant pass. always funny to see them keep switching lanes behind you

·
Registered
22,379 Posts
Re: Road Rage (Missing the point)

Or do what I do, I let go of the gas and so the car slows down then I sort of get on the brakes so it makes it look like im coming a hault but then I let go but stay on them so they lights stay on. You should see there faces, it looks like they sh!+ there pants or there heart falls into there a$$. LOL

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: Road Rage (VDoubleUVR6)

Do NOT try to piss of MA drivers if you value your car and your life. If you're involved in road rage, just smile and keep driving normally. I've lived in MA since I was 5, and in the last several years road rage has gotten out of control. When I 1st got my license, I accidentally cut off a big rusty van (inexperience on my part). The guy tailgated me for a mile, almost smashed into me several dozen times, and followed me into a gas station when I tried to get out of his way. I took off, being 16 and this guy was 35 and about 275lb. This state is no good in the driver and road dept

1 - 20 of 38 Posts