VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I dont like the rocco 2 without a bodykit, and US bumpers suck an egg (a big round rotten one.)
But, I think a slightly lowered rocco2 with either the 16v factory kit or the zender z400 widebody (the understated one) is one of my favorite looking cars ever.
I'm probably preaching to the choir here Sorry Mk1 owners, I'm expressing my personal tastes, and after much soul searching, I decided the mk2 wins for my drool gland.
The wierd thing is, lots of people I know think the rocco 2 is the ugliest car ever, well at least VW wise. Odd that.
Anyone want to post pix of their car? discuss what they think of the roc?
take care,
Steve

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (jester69)

Oh, I totally agree with you. The scirocco I have been driving for a year now was purchased by my dad about 8 years ago. I always thought the thing was really cool, but now that I drive it, I have a totally different perspective. Even though it's an 8valve (sorry, no body kit
) she was still enough to get me obsessed with sciroccos. Anyone who says they don't like my car I tell them "I wouldn't give it up for any other car...'cept maybe a nicer scirocco
"

My sweet James Bond picture

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (RoccoRacer)

quote:[HR][/HR]I always thought the thing was really cool, but now that I drive it, I have a totally different perspective. Even though it's an 8valve (sorry, no body kit
) she was still enough to get me obsessed with sciroccos. Anyone who says they don't like my car I tell them "I wouldn't give it up for any other car...'cept maybe a nicer scirocco
"[HR][/HR]​
I hear ya, My first VW and my first rocco was an 87 16v I bought with 34k on it back in 89. Bought a Corrado VR6 to replace it & it didnt compare to my scirocco for fun factor at all. Driove like a fat pig, even with a suspension. Finally resurrected my rocco (now with 98k miles +) and sold it to my cousin. now that its gone, I miss it and want another.
Of all the cars i've owned and sold, the rocco is the first one I want to get another of

Sorry, no pix of my 16v handy, but it was pretty basic (stock except for springs/swaybars)
take care,
Steve

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (RoccoRacer)

quote:[HR][/HR]My sweet James Bond picture
[HR][/HR]​
I thought Jake and Elwood had a little brother there for a minute... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I bought an '83 new and sold it six years later. I had it in Hawaii for awhile and still remember this Hottie stopping in the middle of a crosswalk, looking at the car and saying, "Cool car." She was/is right. I finally got another Scirocco last March. I'm still trying to get it up to par, but the fun factor is definitely there.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (VWhombre)

As a Scirocco owner now (yay!), I think it's fair for me to comment on this one. It's weird. Roccos ARE ugly...and yet, somehow they're f*cking gorgeous.
i look at my new 16v and just giggle...most people look at that car and think i'm driving it cos i can't afford anything else. well, that's sorta true, but i dropped a 2k passat 4motion to get into this car...it's just soooo sexy somehow. especially with the body kit. i even love my park benches...
i started looking at 'roccos cos i figured i could pay cash for it, get rid of a car payment, and drive it around for a while while i saved money. well, now that i've got one i'm hooked.
scirocco's got character...there's not much character on the road these days.
my two cents...
gary

·
Registered
11,649 Posts

BBS...

Ronal...

Got a new camera the other day (Nikon Coolpix 885), much better shots to come!

[Modified by KevinC, 10:01 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would have to seay that Lord Kelvin's red 'roc above me is one of the most beautiful things that I have ever witnessed in my life. nothing tops it in the automotive feild at least! I hate to say it though but I personally like the Mk1 better than most Mk2's. but, I've always loved/wanted a red 87 16v
I wonder how many people have to die before I get one though!

[Modified by 81_scirocco, 6:49 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (tnesh)

I like mine too. I think it is because there are not too many out there. But somtimes I fell that mine doesn't like me as many times as it has been in the shop.

Here is my 83 Wolfie. I have a 16v bodykit that will going on it soon.
http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0QAAjBf4Up462ez3jaolxZBTcC****WBcQ*19TK7FZXerGAnApGKj3Sdqtcl*sq2LhgruzbZq7y8V90lY4m!8fSzA6UQCWlxnLwBsAG8AZwA/The-Rocco's-new-look.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (tnesh)

This one is #2 of 4 Sciroccos that I have owned.
#1 - 84 Scirocco - Tranny problems, traded in for #2.
#3 - 83 Scirocco - Saved from junkyard for $400. Fixed up and sold for $1300. Buyer rolled it. Back to junkyard.
#4 - 87 Scirocco 16V - Bought at auction for $1,500. Sold to former boss for $2,500.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts

Of course I have to agree with what is being said here. I have had 3 scirocco's now and bought my last one after owning a 2000 GTI VR6 and deciding I missed sciroccos too much, so I sold the GTI and am proud to be back behind the wheel of a scirocco.
I dont have any digital pics of my first scirocco,
but here is my second (2.0l 16v, fully done out)

and my current rocco

Damn I want another! I'd love a nice clean black 16v.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (phenix)

phoneix
i hate you!!!
you car is so f u c k i n nice!
i wanted to paint mine yellow, but the whole body color change was out of the question. i went with a GMC torch red instead. it is super bright (almost orange in the sun. red at night.).
nice nice cars boys and girls.
i will be posting some pics of my baby sometime

whenever i borrow my bros camera, and finish the bodywork.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Have to agree, MkII's are my personal favorite. An though my car isn't much (about as stock as it gets) I'll post a pic of mine as well.

[Modified by Calimus, 1:29 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
26,702 Posts

I had a 82' rocco with eurolights and speedline mags. I loved it!!! Except for the big ass stock bumpers, and the stock ride height. I still think they are one of the coolest VW's ever made.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: Rocco2 the best looking car ever? (VWVancouver)

Dang it Phenix, you're as bad as Jerry with that slammed yellow thing. Also on Coilovers? I'm as low as I can go on Ground Controls and still can't get my car tucked like that.
Lookin good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.