VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a roll cage for my rabbit? I prefer someone in the Toronto area but it really doesn't matter if the price is right. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,312 Posts
Re: Roll Cage (GTI_Andy)

You can get an Autopower bolt-in 6-pt cage for ~$650 USD + shipping. Being as you're in Canada, you're probably better off going to someplace and having them do a custom cage.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Roll Cage (millerwj)

Wow... that's pretty expensive... Someone on in the classified sold one for like $300 i think, but in Canadian that's too expensive still...

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Wow... that's pretty expensive... Someone on in the classified sold one for like $300 i think, but in Canadian that's too expensive still...[HR][/HR]​

what's the price of safety?

·
Registered
20,312 Posts
Re: Roll Cage (16v)

Hey, you get what you pay for.
Or, you could go w/ one of those trick white roll cages I've seen.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts

I can custom build you one for $650 US. Could be less depending how much of a cage you want.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Roll Cage (millerwj)

quote:[HR][/HR]what's the price of safety? [HR][/HR]​
Well... I'm not gonna talk about that... you and many other know that... however...
quote:[HR][/HR]Hey, you get what you pay for.[HR][/HR]​

Hey! Yes, you get what you pay for and I totally agree within reason. However, if the store sells it for $650 USD plus shipping and someone else in the classified was selling the exact one brand new for $300 USD shipped would you feel safer paying the $650 USD or would you be glad to spend the $300 USD shipped to US of course and save a whole load of cash.
I'm just shopping around, no need for negative comments!

[Modified by GTI_Andy, 6:00 PM 12-6-2001]

[Modified by GTI_Andy, 6:01 PM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
4,812 Posts

Yes I do know. Send me an email with the specs for what you want and I will send you a price.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

I have heard that bolt on cages aren't nearly as good as one welded in. Not as safe nor as strong.
See if there are any shops around you that can make a custom one for ya...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Roll Cage (schleppy)

I'll probably end up getting a local to do mine... it's not a priorty until it's time to paint the entire car inside and out.

[Modified by GTI_Andy, 5:59 PM 12-6-2001]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts