VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car for 3 weeks. When I picked it up whoever prepped it scratched the piss out of it!
Scratches everywhere, nicks down to the metal from the razor blade they use to pull off the saftey stick on stuff that new cars come with. What should I do? Shrug it off? I bought this car cuz I am a VW nut case!
And they should have took extra care and time to deal with this car considering there are only so many built! So now the car is less than perfect, and the paint has to be whatever'ed.I dont how they do to nicks and scratches down the metal and black plastic on the bumper, i dont know how they will fix it. It sure as hell wont ever be perfect again. But thats bullsh!t, i paid a mint, I should have a perfect car and if not I should be compensated someway! But how...................?
Oh , also E brake handle, the stitching is pulling out of the handle.

[Modified by CruisVW, 3:57 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Banned
5,977 Posts
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (CruisVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have had my car for 3 weeks. When I picked it up whoever prepped it scratched the piss out of it!
Scratches everywhere, nicks down to the metal from the razor blade they use to pull off the saftey stick on stuff that new cars come with. What should I do? Shrug it off? I bought this car cuz I am a VW nut case!
And they should have took extra care and time to deal with this car considering there are only so many built! So now the car is less than perfect, and the paint has to be whatever'ed.I dont how they do to nicks and scratches down the metal and black plastic on the bumper, i dont know how they will fix it. It sure as hell wont ever be perfect again. But thats bullsh!t, i paid a mint, I should have a perfect car and if not I should be compensated someway! But how...................?
Oh , also E brake handle, the stitching is pulling out of the handle.

[Modified by CruisVW, 3:57 PM 8-5-2002][HR][/HR]​
Did you notify them if scratches/nicks? If not, oops! Too late now. The E-brake handle, tell 'em he's fraying.. they should replace it. My steering wheel has a little fraying part on it.. but i'm not concerned with it.

·
Registered
361 Posts

Ouch, now that you've drove off the lot I don't know if they will do anything for you. That's why I drove my car from the truck-service bay-watched the servicing-drove the car home. I never let them wash it, only what they need to do...I knew what would happen if they prepped it (I even pull al the plastic out of the car. I know this probably wasn't what you wanted to hear...sorry.
The only thing I can say is take it back to them and hope they can buff out some of the scratches

·
Registered
2,745 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I dont how they do to nicks and scratches down the metal and black plastic on the bumper, [HR][/HR]​
Black plastic on the bumper??? Where is there black plastic on the bumper?? The only black plastic I see on the outside of the car is the lower half of the mirrors.

·
Banned
5,977 Posts
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (3VWMAN)

quote:[HR][/HR]I dont how they do to nicks and scratches down the metal and black plastic on the bumper,
Black plastic on the bumper??? Where is there black plastic on the bumper?? The only black plastic I see on the outside of the car is the lower half of the mirrors.[HR][/HR]​
The bumper/rub strip is black in color if you take the silver paint off

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Where do the VW dealer find these half as* guys

when i go to the dealer i watch how they treat the costomers
cars rev-in the engines etc.....
in detailing i saw a guy washing a 337 the cloth fell from his hand
he then picked it up and started washing again

when they do cause these things u guys should be compensated
in some way
u pay for a new car y should u get less than that
so i hope it all works out for u Cruis VW
let us know what happens Man

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (GTiMark23)

At least they didn't repaint it to try and cover it up! The top of the hatch right in front of the spoiler on my car was repainted!
I didn't notice it until a day or two after i had it. It's not visible during the day, only at night or under fluorescent lights in my garage. It looks like they painted it in the wrong direction. I'm really pissed but i guess theres nothin i can do now. Silver is one of the hardest colors to match perfectly and they will never get it right. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (S4irish)

Well I dont know if I would call it comforting but I have a somewhat better feeling in my stomach knowing it wasnt just me. I dont get it! This car was produced for people like us who LOVE VW's, its a way of life for us, a cult. DOnt they fricken understand this? They have these young dumbass kids earning 7 bux an hour doin this! They should give you the option of prepping it yourself. I just happend to have a buddy who used to work at the dealership I bought it from, it was already prepped and ready, it was a one day deal for me. So I took it in fear I would not find another one. I got it for MSRP too so I was lucky. Then after I found the chips, (yes down to the plastic behind the paint which is black) the dealership Manager asked me to do him a favor and show it at Waterfest in their Dealer booth. And I did, and I had a great time at Waterfest, the people where great and loved my car. I was as happy as heck and I always wanted a car in that show. But now that wore off and I did a favor and talked up there dealership now I want that favor to be returned. I will be taking it on wedsday, (oh yea my alignment is off too.) And I am going to be polite and calm at first and see where that gets me. If not I will lose my cool and demand service. And I want to me the shmuck who prepped my car so's that I can compliment him on a job well done. (sarcasm)
I will let you all know what happened if you are interested. Thanks for you support! Glad we stick together here!

I just wish there was a way to bring this to someones attention.

[Modified by CruisVW, 3:32 AM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
471 Posts

When I bought my car they prepped it poorly at first. After the sales manager saw it they made the service manager himself prep the car. I would have to say that John was by far the most knowledgeable and car-caring person I have ever met at a dealership and I would have him take care of any car I could dream of.
Even though they were careful it was not long until I discovered some scratches in the bumper. Guess what... It is a car that you drive on the road where rocks fly at 65 MPH. You wash your car with sponges that quickly get covered in dirt and become like sand paper... You lean against your car while talking to your friends. It is 2,900 pounds of metal and plastic. it is impossible to keep all of that flawless. I understand the hurt you feel when you get your first scratch on your first new car. It makes you sick, however that goes away after a while. Wait till you have an accident some day.
It sucks your car was scratched, but think of all the way it has travelled. Think of all the excitement the night you got it. Every new car has it's fair share of flaws. be glad yours were only physical and didn't cause your tranny to go out at 250 miles.
Now, the bumper is only plastic. I suggest getting a touch-up pen and VERY SPARINGLY put enough on there to give it a tiny bit of color. The only thing that looks worse than an ugly scratch is an ugly repair job.

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (20vTa3)

Well I have called previously and stated some of my problems, my 337 is my only means of transportation. I bought it to drive it. And its hard for me to take off of work and the dealer is like 60 miles away. Plus rather than have it in and out of the dealer for weeks, I figured do it all in one shot, and thats when I go in for my oil change this week.

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (dvankuren)

You are absolutely right, the pain does go away after a while, I have gotten a few other chips in the bumper and stuff and it hurt. But like you said after a while its gone. I just put up a post after spending 5 hours cleaning my care ( i am really anal about it) and I found a couple more. And everytime I see them I want to cringe. I do think, thank god its mechanically sound, i have read some bad runs of luck. I will see what happens, if I can fix it up just a little bit, cool, if not. Well then I guess I will have to chip my ECU to help forget about it!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

Yeah that sucks man don't feel so bad i washed my car the other day and staring me in the face was a quarter to half dollar size dent right behind passenger side door above side skirt bad spot to be fixed i don't know where it came from. I havent parked the car anywhere so my only guess is it was there from the dealer but i never noticed the other time i washed it so i dont know. As for my prep guy he was the man owned his own hooked up show vw with NOS and everything else real sweet took extra time to get it right. Sorry to hear about it find some real good compound and try to compound it out if not i dont know waht else you could do to fix.Goodluck

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Rolled off the lot less than perfect. (Joe'sGTI337)

Thanks dude, well I will be going into the dealership at 7:30 am tomorrow, so thanks for the good luck, I swear I feel as if I was just diagnosed with cancer and I am waiting for how much longer i have to live. But whatever it costs to make it right, I will make it right!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts