VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,382 Posts
I'd like to take my Eos to the local car cruise and leave the top partially open for several hours to display the mechanism.

Is there any reason that this won't work or that I might risk causing damage ?
The top will eventually leak down and could get out of sync.

There may be a way to physically brace the top partially open but that would detract from what you are trying to show.

Also, depending on where you live, a stiff gust of wind will damage the alignment of the roof.

· Registered
219 Posts
During my install of a roof 'mod', the roof in a partially open position for a good hour (due to a wire issue..). No trouble after.

Since then, I have had the roof open for 30 min time periods.

You have to get the roof at the balance point so that it does not 'leak' and return to closed or the trunk.

· Registered
2,382 Posts
If it were to get "out of sync", what would be the fix to re-sync it ?
Not sure about the "out of sync problem correctiion".

But, if I was you, I would stay with the vehicle and operate the roof once every fifteen minutes or so.

It will attract much attention as opposed to it being static.

· Registered
12,920 Posts
if you leave it open/car running the hydralics heat up and can give you a warning. if you leave it open too far back with the car off it will sink into the trunk. i had this happen to mine and it "forgot" where it was. when i went to continue the process, the trunk latches closed with the roof not in the correct position. it took some manhandeling to lift the roof up off the trunk hinges to allow the process to reverse and go back to normal.....of course all this was on a sunny day with a flash thunderstorm at the time when the roof was stuck open :laugh::laugh::laugh:

the dealer has some sort of support they use when working on the roof, don't know if it is a item that can be purchased but i would like one for when i do my seals :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.