VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a tally on what you Ladys and Gents prefer. I'm an engineer working for a Rotor manufacturer and would like to know what is preferred.

Please help me put what you want on the market.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Re: ?????-------ROTOR Democracy------????? (Gli16v-T)

Quote, originally posted by Gli16v-T »
Taking a tally on what you Ladys and Gents prefer. I'm an engineer working for a Rotor manufacturer and would like to know what is preferred.

Please help me put what you want on the market.

You don't work for Delphi, do you? Or just moved from Florida? Or have an amazing group buy opportunity? We know how you engineers work around these parts.

****Joking****

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ?????-------ROTOR Democracy------????? (snowdog650)

Nope, nope and nope. Was born, work and live in the Garden State (how it got that name I will never understand
)

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

slotted rotors is my choice. I heard that drilled rotors crack http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

With cross drilled and slotted either or or both combined they cannot be cut......is that correct. If you where a groove in them from letting the pad go down to far they are shot basically. Just wondering on this. Everything I have read has said this but sometimes I hear conflicting stories.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: ?????-------ROTOR Democracy------????? (Joe'sGTI337)

Yes they can be cut. The slots and drilled holes are going to make it harder on the surfacing machine and ruin there tips alot faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts