VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car started a rough idle last night....
pull to stop light, in gear, a/c on #1 and car shudders and acts like it's going to stall.....went away as I drove a round a bit.....back this a.m. (after the warm up program ran) drove it a bit and was sporadic.....and even went away...then came back.....
its worse when car is at stop and in 'D'.....little better with a/c off and/or in neutral......it finally threw the CEL today.......
I had the fuel pump recall done about a month or two ago, car has 36k+ on it......
anything I shoud have the service dept look for aside from what the fault codes might read?
mahalo in advance........... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (D.Passat00)

great info at passat world......mahalo...!
bad news I live on maui.........autozone? what's that? vag com I doubt anyone I know has one......
I hoping it's under the warrenty.....which isn't over until jan. 07

· Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (mauslick)

took into the dealer...they did a BG intak system flush and injector flush and changes all the spark plugs ( just over 36k on the ODO) stating carbon build up creating the problem
they check all the appropriate stuff for leaks brittle hoses, etc. and sporadic missfire in cyl 1
o2 sensor and etc all checked out ok......
here's the rub.....when car is in gear, a/c on, foot on brake at stoplight it isstill is bumpy and seems to be misfiring....but seems to go away after car runs a bit....but can come back.....
any thoughts?

· Registered
2014 Passat SEL Premium
11,447 Posts
Re: (2000daytona955i)

crackpipe vacuum hose next to coolant resivour, its shaped like an L and commonly breaks. Its also for the brake booster.
Also the small elbow vacuum hose for the evap purge valve on top of the airbox slits and breaks because of the "screw" type clamp used at the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.