VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
When I pulled my intake manifold to do a runner flap delete I pulled off the throttle body and I unplugged it. It's never cause me an issue, (unless that is the throttle body being unplugged cause the idle issue)

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Correct if u disconnect the runner flap part that's attatched to the engine you will not have any issues. But if you take off the throttle body that's attatches between the boost inlet pipe and the flapper manifold then yes you are going to have issues. Runner flap manifold= no issues. Throttle body = possible issues.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Right. I removed the throttle body and the intake manifold at the same time. All the electrical connectors were disconnected. You are saying if the throttle body is disconnected electronically it can cause problems, Which is what I did when I took off the intake manifold.

1.remove the throttle pipe
2.unbolt the throttle body and disconnect electrical connector
3.remove the intake manifold

So are you saying I should look at recalibrating the throttle body?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well everytime you shut off the car it recalibrate the throttle valve. What im saying is there's a possibility when you take the power off of the throttle body itself. Your asking for trouble. Especially when you disconnect the battery. All I'm saying is be careful. I always clean throttle when power is connected. Cu the car wouldn't start when I disconnected it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mean if you disconnect the power to the throttle terminal and reconnected everything and the car ran fine after then your in luck. Cause when I did it for the very first time. The car wouldn't start. So I triple checked to make sure all electrical connects were in place as they were. For some reason on my end the ecu or pcm which ever controls the throttle itself was not sensing it was there. If you have obd11, you can see by pressing the throttle down on the app if it opens 0-100%. Mine was stuck on zero %. So I had my friend which works for vw recalibrate and force the ecu to speak to the throttle which then started seeing a signal from the pedal to the throttle and flashed the ecu/pcm He had a $2,000 vw machine. Almost like vcds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And on top of that when the car did start it was idling super weird cause it had to relearn everything. Prob from the flash of ecu/pcm. I just don't want anyone to do what I did and now have to get towed to vw cause of something they did. Cause vw ain't cheap. And I will always do the work my self and never pay them again. Especially oil changes. $125 for oil change haha lol.
I bought a hand held pump that manually pumps the oil out of dip stick and I save myself $60 every 4,000 miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts