VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every time my car has been off for over an hour, is idles real rough for like three min. The revs keep bouncing and it sounds like a boat; granted I have a high flow cat and a supersprint cat back, but something is not right. I don't drive right away, because it literally stops after a few min, and i think it has something to do with the air pump ( that pump that pushes air into the engine when it is cold), because I can almost hear it click off right as the engine smooths out. Do any of you have this problem? My shop said it might be the injectors are going and they drip while the car is off. This could be right but I put cleaner in all the time and if the injectors were bad wouldn't I feel it more in the HP? I think the thermistat that is connected to the blower/pump is bad and it turns on when it is not needed causing the enging to get to much air.
Also, have any of you put new injectors in you vr? Good results? Was it a pain to do?
Thanks
J.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Re: Rough Start up's In an 98 (J.D.S.)

If you haven't swapped a 24v VR6 into your '98, I would suggest posting in the 12v forum. You're more likely to get much more specific help from there.
Even if you've kept your injectors clean, there's always a chance that perhaps they're just leaking because they're old. But I can't imagine that all of them would start leaking at once. You'd most likely have just one that is leaking which I don't think would cause a really rough idle. Have you tried replacing the thermostat?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rough Start up's In an 98 (Vee-aR-6ix)

Thanks for the inside bud, did realize i was in the 24 valve, kind or rushing while i am at work.
But yeah I though about the thermo as well, but I have no clue as to where it is or how much it would be to replace it.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts