VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pictures of a rounds put in a late Westmoreland grill? I've only seen one gti with this and haven't really heard about/scene it otherwise? (I know some people are going to say it defeats the purpose, but I think it makes it look kinda like a scirocco front end on a rabbit)

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
ummm... no.
Westy grill=square surrounds.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
Re: Rounds in a late westy grill, pic request (pappas64)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Rounds in a late westy grill, pic request (wantacad)

Thanks wantacad and that other guy for producing a useful reply, the single round one is what I'm going for. I don't think its ugly at all, and not incredibly PLAYED as rounds are (atleast in my opinion)..you get the best of both worlds, westy turn signals and an option to run whatever fancy rounds you like!

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
violated... not at all. all the gti trim is there, the bumpers, the grill... at least the lights have a bezel! it could be 100x worse! like he could of hacked the core support out and did a round eye swap. now he can prob just swap out headlight buckets and bezels!
not violated in anyway!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Re: (a1rabbitsauce)

I agree, I think it looks good. I've been sitting on a scirocco light setup for a looong time, but couldn't bring myself to start cutting up my gti grill to do the swap.
I would be interested in what lights, buckets and bezels that black car has.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
looks like they plastic welded (or glued properly) it all together, I imagine the buckets are the same as any german rabbit, look like 7" they probably hacked off the tabs and made new ones, trimmed a bit of sheet metal on the core and slapped them in.
The trim is probably just hardware store ABS plastic.
It looks O.K. it's done cleanly, but I can't say i love the look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.