VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice to me now. I have a 2001 jetta with a FMIC and hks bov. One time late at night I stopped at a light and noticed that my car was dropping its RPM'S from its normal 800 to 850 down to 400 and almost stalling out. After a few minutes of playing around with the gas pedal it stopped and I went on my way. Today I was driving again and after driving around for awhile the RPM's started doing it again and when I stopped kind of fast at a light the car died. So I started it again and took it to my friends house with a Vag-com and no fault codes I didn't already now about popped up. I noticed that one of the intercooler pipes sagged down alittle bit so I pushed it back up and tightened the clamps. I also went around and tightened any clamp that might of been leaking boost. And just to be sure I put in a octane booster just in case it was the gas.It hasn't happened again yet, has anyone else had this type of problem??? Any info would be a help..

I'm thinking maybe the spark plug should be changed but I'm not getting any misfires.

[Modified by Faststang70, 7:28 AM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: RPM IDLE PROBLEMS (Faststang70)

I don't know about the 2001 1.8Y, but my 2003 1.8T did the same kinda thing.
Idle would bounce around from 650-800 rpm, never smooth though.
I took it to the dealership and apparently there is Service Bulletin for this problem (don't know what year 1.8T's it's for).
The VW tech. had to take apart the Throttle Body and adjust the Butterfly Valve somehow.
I haven't gotten my car back from the dealer yet, but will let you know the outcome.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.