·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Re: RS-T Bumper *M3 Look* (theSEAN)

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Bleh I made that pshop out of a crappy m3 photo and a 'texer's Jetta. They never asked me if they could use the image and it makes me mad that they are advertising their product with it.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: (Vapormike)

Quote, originally posted by Vapormike »
Bleh I made that pshop out of a crappy m3 photo and a 'texer's Jetta. They never asked me if they could use the image and it makes me mad that they are advertising their product with it.

If that is true, then that is pretty f'ed up.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
633 Posts

it woulda been nice if they did ask you, But u didnt copyright it, so they have Every right to use it. right? =P
anyways, i think it looks good.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Re: RS-T Bumper *M3 Look* (ninja_van1sh)

definitely not my style, I find it interesting that all these companies bite style from different car's instead of innovating their own unique design. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Re: (dpak4eva)

Quote, originally posted by dpak4eva »
it woulda been nice if they did ask you, But u didnt copyright it, so they have Every right to use it. right? =P
anyways, i think it looks good.

Who knows if they have legal right to use it. We went into this a bit with GolfGLSGirl's issue with someone using one of her images. The image had my name on it, and I posted on here when we were discussing such a bumper. I (obviously) had no idea they would use it, it was a 30 second mockup that is clearly lacking in quality. They just lifted it, edited it and put it up on their website, as well as in their print ads.
Legal or not, it's pretty unethical imo, and I won't buy anything from them.
I've emailed them a few times and IMed them here on the 'tex, but no response to emails and the runaround with IMs. I don't want money or anything, but credit where credit is due.

·
Banned
537 Posts

Who knows if they have legal right to use it. We went into this a bit with GolfGLSGirl's issue with someone using one of her images. The image had my name on it, and I posted on here when we were discussing such a bumper. I (obviously) had no idea they would use it, it was a 30 second mockup that is clearly lacking in quality. They just lifted it, edited it and put it up on their website, as well as in their print ads.
I've emailed them a few times and IMed them here on the 'tex, but no response to emails and the runaround with IMs. I don't want money or anything, but credit where credit is due.

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif to that. I don't like them.

·
Registered
633 Posts

ok, now some of u are gettin a little too emotional. im sure the owners of the company Dont design ad's themselves. i would be more mad at the desiners or advertisers rather than the company as a whole. calm down! 'Woooosaaaa'

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Re: (leftcoastvw)

If I p-shop something, and somebody jacks it from me, and doesn't give me credit....who cares? Its a simple image, a simple photoshop, and MSD used it. The owner of the car knows about it, and doesn't seem to care. There is no tangible product here to get pissed about. You took an image from somebody, p-shoped a bumper on that image, and MSD took it from you, put it in an ad in European Car and now you want credit? Who cares?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Um, I care.
Obviously ethics don't bother you. That's okay.
Personally I think it reflects badly on a company if they think they can lift someone else's work and use it as their own without asking.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts

Um, I care.
Personally I think it reflects badly on a company if they think they can lift someone else's work and use it as their own without asking.

i agree http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

Um, I care.

You didn't ask me if you could use my pic when you photoshopped it and posted it here on the vortex. Like I said before, MSD contacted me and apoligized for using the pic and I told them I didn't mind.
Here is a pic of your photoshop attempt.

As you can tell, yours looks nothing like MSD's photoshop, so that would mean they didn't use your pic, just the idea.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Like I said, I had no intention of marketing it, and I also contacted you soon after posting it apologizing for not asking your permission to use it beforehand.
But come on now, you really think they took the identical proprietary images and redid it? No they just made the bumper smaller and blurred out the tree shadow.
Well it doesn't matter anyway. It's just frustrating.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
OK back on the subject.....i'd like this bumper if it didnt looke EXACTLY like the E46 M3 bumper....dont we laugh at ricers that put on other cars front ends, and here we are putting on an E46 M3 front end...?
My .02 cents is to change the looks a little bit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts