VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys need to try em out and report back. Really liking them on my st. 2+ :) (100 miles in) Why run Densos if they're known to fall apart ;)
Shifting is much more snappy and what I thought were some spots where the pwr was a little meh, so far are not. Running real strong, so butt dyno approved.
Also, but still need some more time, the mini misfire seems gone now... but who knows. Try em out fellas.
I'll be on a dyno this Saturday. 91 oct map.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you drop them in as is?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well they work OK on a 1.8 T as well?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
101 Posts
What was the gap out the box?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What was the gap out the box?
I didn't check actually. I asked the dealer if they're pre-gapped (yes) and he didn't know to what spec surprisingly. Everyone who commented on my FB post, just dropped them in and I think one said they're at .26
I'd have to check.

Edit: as stated by one comment: .24

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Installing RS7 Spark Plugs, recommended gap?

I purchased a set off of a fellow vortex member and I’m wondering if anyone has installed these before and what gap they used on it?

I searched around a little bit, used google, only got somewhat non definitive answers. I know APR recommends these on their tunes, but I am Unitronic Stage 2 ECU / TCU. Are the gap from the factory sufficient? Obviously I have a feeler gauge ready to. Heck the gap but from what I was skimming through online, either it’s 0.025 or 0.04 or 0.4. I have left a message for Unitronic to see if they have any insight but I’m wondering if anyone else has used them?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I purchased a set off of a fellow vortex member and I’m wondering if anyone has installed these before and what gap they used on it?

I searched around a little bit, used google, only got somewhat non definitive answers. I know APR recommends these on their tunes, but I am Unitronic Stage 2 ECU / TCU. Are the gap from the factory sufficient? Obviously I have a feeler gauge ready to. Heck the gap but from what I was skimming through online, either it’s 0.025 or 0.04 or 0.4. I have left a message for Unitronic to see if they have any insight but I’m wondering if anyone else has used them?
Well. 0.4 is almost half an inch, so I think that's out... :beer:

I'm actually very curious about these for my stage 2 Unitronic 1.8T. I was quoted at $20CAD per plug though...

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

Generally, they mean .025 or .04, not .25 and .4. For whatever reason on the Vortex, people commonly miss the 0 digit or refuse to type it out and I have no idea why because even if it's assumed, .25 would just be wrong if you really mean .025.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts