VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

By now most of you have heard of our RSR clutch. It has been a massive success since release and we decided to put on a month long sale just in time for the spring.

Performance without compromise is the real deal with our RSR. Daily drive-ability with unmatched performance.

Pricing will be set at $924.99 for a limited time. Hardware kits are extra on top if you choose that.

This doesn't come around often so do not miss your opportunity if you have been waiting.

Please allow 2-3 weeks for orders to ship as we keep up with production.

Email me directly at [email protected] for questions and concerns as I will be handling all the orders for this.
Contact me also for recommended install facilities around the country, and other distributors.

Click here to order!!!!!
Click here to order!!!!!
Click here to order!!!!!
Click here to order!!!!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Best Clutch for Dual Mass Flywheel

Best clutch there is if you are using your Dual Mass Flywheel. It's almost been a year since I had mine installed at HS Tuning and it still grabs as tight as the first day it was installed.
Best purchase I have made for my Beetle and I consider it also the best performance mod. It really makes the Stage 2 APR tune shine. Positive engagement point and overall much better
feel than the mushy stock clutch. If you are thinking of replacing your clutch and you don't want the noise and vibration of a Single Mass Flywheel the RSR clutch is the way to go.
If you get the chance to visit the HS Tuning guys I would say "DO IT" They are great guys and will steer you in the right direction not only with the RSR clutch but also other performance and handling mods.
One stop shopping with people that know their stuff and care about you and your car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Best clutch there is if you are using your Dual Mass Flywheel. It's almost been a year since I had mine installed at HS Tuning and it still grabs as tight as the first day it was installed.
Best purchase I have made for my Beetle and I consider it also the best performance mod. It really makes the Stage 2 APR tune shine. Positive engagement point and overall much better
feel than the mushy stock clutch. If you are thinking of replacing your clutch and you don't want the noise and vibration of a Single Mass Flywheel the RSR clutch is the way to go.
If you get the chance to visit the HS Tuning guys I would say "DO IT" They are great guys and will steer you in the right direction not only with the RSR clutch but also other performance and handling mods.
One stop shopping with people that know their stuff and care about you and your car.
How many miles do you have on RSR clutch and where in the travel path of the clutch pedal is the engagement? Please let us know how you would describe the pedal effort compared to stock and how long did your stock clutch last?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
How many miles do you have on RSR clutch and where in the travel path of the clutch pedal is the engagement? Please let us know how you would describe the pedal effort compared to stock and how long did your stock clutch last?
I would say I have about 9000 Miles on the clutch so far. The clutch does engage quicker than the stock clutch did. It's a much more positive engagement/feel. Not sure how to explain it but it comes in faster than the stock clutch did. Pedal effort is more on the RSR Clutch but not awkwardly so. The stock clutch felt very mushy and way too soft for my liking. The RSR clutch is definitely firmer than stock but not to a point where it is uncomfortable like some clutches. If you got used to the sissy soft stock clutch it may take you a day or two to get used to the RSR clutch. I felt very comfortable right away and didn't have any issues. I was pro active and had the RSR clutch installed the same time I went APR Stage 2. I didn't want to wait until the clutch started slipping.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would say I have about 9000 Miles on the clutch so far. The clutch does engage quicker than the stock clutch did. It's a much more positive engagement/feel. Not sure how to explain it but it comes in faster than the stock clutch did. Pedal effort is more on the RSR Clutch but not awkwardly so. The stock clutch felt very mushy and way too soft for my liking. The RSR clutch is definitely firmer than stock but not to a point where it is uncomfortable like some clutches. If you got used to the sissy soft stock clutch it may take you a day or two to get used to the RSR clutch. I felt very comfortable right away and didn't have any issues. I was pro active and had the RSR clutch installed the same time I went APR Stage 2. I didn't want to wait until the clutch started slipping.
Thanks for the response but just to make sure I understand your description of the engagement point it seems that RSR clutch now engages when the clutch pedal is closer to the floor than the stock clutch.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Thanks for the response but just to make sure I understand your description of the engagement point it seems that RSR clutch now engages when the clutch pedal is closer to the floor than the stock clutch.
I don't quite remember where exactly the stock clutch engaged but I believe that the RSR clutch does engage quicker when letting go off the clutch pedal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.