6/20/2018 - beside my friends restaurant in 'graffiti alley' in Toronto
8/28/2018 - hadn't had a great summer to take pics, so did today. Especially since I will be going home to a torn up neighborhood filled with dust
Quick history to show where this car is going. This is my first VW, but not my first VAG product. Prior to this was a 2001 Audi S4 (stage III) and a 2010 Audi S4 (stage II, suspension and brakes), along with a bunch of Hyundai's.
Out of all the cars I have owned, the greatest was my 2010 Audi S4 (phantom black on black S-Tronic /w sports diff), and I feel like I had to part with it earlier then I was hoping to. I regret not snapping some pictures from the summer during it's prime.
After contiplating between a B8.5 S4 / B9 S4 / RS3 and Golf R, I finally settled on the R of the four. Partially because I have a girlfriend 600kms away and with things progressing positively, I felt the Golf R fit nicer in the '1-3 year plan' where I can review my circumstances afterwards.
So why a build thread? I hadn't done one before, and especially with the two S4's I owned, I regret not having something to look back on - and thought hey why not share it with the community as it's interesting to me to see the other members build threads. I have a feeling from what everyone is saying, especially those who have gone from the B8/8.5 S4 to the Golf R, this will be a great ride!!
Arrived at the dealership November 30th. The dealer informmed me they made a mistake and ordered it with Driver Assistance Package and Spielberg's when I wanted Pretroia's. They decided to order in the Pretroia's for me and still sell the car to me at the price we had originally agreed on. Officially picked it up on December 6th. No pictures of the pick up unfortunately as it was pitch black being in the northern hemisphere.
2018 Golf R - Deep Black Pearl - 6MT
- COBB Accessport /w EQT Stage II - 5/3/2021 @ 57,200 km
- 42 Design 3" downpipe /w sport cat - 5/1/2019
- emichel6888 mini-cat / O2 sensor - 9/14/2019
- BM JB1 - 4/26/2018 @ 8,700 km (removed)
- Unibrace UBQ - 4/24/2018
- 034 Dogbone Mount v1 - 5/24/2018
- EMD RSB - 7/7/2018
- MSS Adjustable Springs /w street 205 front and sport rears - 11/5/2018
- 034 Front and Rear Endlinks - 6/8/2020
- Clutch Pedal Spring delete - 12/22/2017
- Shorty's clutch stop - 4/7/2018
- Shorty's short throw shifter - 4/7/2018
- 42 Design Shifter Bushings / Shifter Relay Lever Bushings - 4/7/2018
- Clutch Bleeder Block diaphragm removal - 4/7/2018
- Wavetrac - 1/13/2021
- Ringer Racer Stage III Organic / Cerametalic (575 ft/lbs) - 1/13/2021 @ 55,244 km
- OEM Sachs DMF - 1/13/2021
- euro rear head rests - 12/6/2017
- ratcheting arm rest - 12/16/2017
- envelope style cargo net - 12/16/2017
- eBay arm rest storage kit - 01/11/2018
- Autobahn Cermaic 35% tint all around - 12/11/2017
- Premium Shield PPF - 12/11/2017
front bumper, hood, fenders, A-pillar, roof, headlights, mirrors
- 3D MAXpider Mats - 12/7/2017
- Touren TR60 18 x 8 - 12/7/2017
- Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 225/40/18 - 1/27/2020