VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They really screwed up this time. I can't even tell what kind of VW it is until I see the badge. It used to be a great guys car with that boxy sport look that we have all come to love, and now it is a great big bubble of cooch. I mean, as if we needed another girls car that can compete with the Beetle, now they come out with this NEW bubble and take away the only thing we really had left. Just think about it. The Jetta is like the #1 rated GAY-man's car. It has a nice look, but I just don't want to be under that category. The R32, as well as the 337, is really the last NICE and sporty looking GTI/GOLF that we will have in the VW market. Someone up at VW of Germany needs to point out that not all V-dub's need to have the grill that is EXACTLY like the Passat. I love VW, but they just aren't thinking right. Please, give me your feedback on this.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Re: Ruined! Ruined I tell you! (SkankyBeans183)

my feedback is:
what the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

You have to think about how the gay consumer buys things. Sometimes, yes they buy because it is pretty or the cool thing to have. I am sure that you were reading a finding of best gay cars that was written back in 2000 or 2001......Also, usually gay people always set the trends and tend to be intelligent on what they buy. So you should be happy that you are buying a vehicle that is perceived to be cool, trendy, and supposedly a good deal for the money.
Unfortunately, what has ruined the VW is the VWoA Customer Service that you get from what seems to be like a great built-in system: VWoA Customer Care, your dealership, 4/50 warranty, 4/50 Roadside Assistance, etc.
I love the boxy look that VW had in MK1, MK2, and MK3. It took a while to get into the MK4 but I really do like it now. It actually reminds me (MK4 Jetta) of my dad's Oldsmobile OMEGA, which was a good car and had more integrity with its parts in and out.
So don't worry so much who is buying a car as much as that you like and get what you need out of what you are buying.
I am actually surprised that gays are buying VWs because when you look at it, it really isn't a great deal for your buck anymore. And no smart gay person would tolerate such third-rate customer service.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ruined! Ruined I tell you! (garethusa)

You make a good point about the gays. Look, I have nothing against gay people or VW. I personally love V-dubs, but I just think that the new styles and lines they are coming out with are ruining the car. I believe they will lose many long-time VW consumers as well as me. I just hope they make better decisions in the future. Sorry if I came across as a VW-Nazi or something like that.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SkankyBeans183 »
]but I just think that the new styles and lines they are coming out with are ruining the car.
sounds like you have seen pics of the mk5?

·
Banned
3,228 Posts

As far as i know only some spyshots of the Mk5(mostly Golf, no Jettas)and a ton of photochopped ones are floating around and i would personally wait until the official pics and cars are going to be released before i comment on their (VW's) new lines and styles.
I also believe that all the releases from Mk 4 Golf/Jetta to the Touareg and the Phaeton are very tasty and ahead of time.
And remember, VW is not Toyota or GM when it comes to releasing new designs that are uglier then their predecessors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Ruined! Ruined I tell you! (KARMANN_16V)

I have seen many pics. The most recent and probably most valid so far have been the two pics of the white golf that, I believe, were posted in the latest Car and Driver. I know that nothing is final, but the way that the golf is going, I think VW will be losing many customers. Hopefully, they keep a similar stying that the Golf IV had so that I will still be a VW buyer. And, I was never even mentioning the new body styling on the Jetta because, personally, I don't care. I am not into the car. Out!

·
Registered
242 Posts

Skankybeans183,
I fully understand where you are coming from. I too am a bit nervous about which direction VW is going. Believe me, if the Golf V isn't what I want I'll be calling every dealer within 500 miles to find an MKIV Golf TDI.
I have feeling in a few months after the MKV intro (Sept 2003). I'll end up loving it. Heck I better! We've all been talking it up on Vortex for the last two years!

·
Registered
346 Posts
hrm?
not used to dubbers being homophobes.
if you made every decision based on what "gays" didn't like, you would not get anywhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I don't give a crap who buys VW's, I buy them cause I like them, they're solid built, good looking, and you get a damn good car for your money. It's an Audi with a different badge.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Re: (loverofVdubs)

Quote, originally posted by loverofVdubs »
this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I don't give a crap who buys VW's, I buy them cause I like them, they're solid built, good looking, and you get a damn good car for your money. It's an Audi with a different badge.

I agree!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (ET)

Look, I completely agree that VW's are solid built and that you get what you are paying for. That is why I am buying an R32. I just don't agree with the direction of the new look that VW is molding. And, a homophobe is someone who hates or fears gay o lesbian people. I neither hate nor fear them. Just forget about what I had said about gay people and lets get back on the subject of the Golf V. It is just the fact that VW will be losing many customers because of this bubble look. I think they are just jumping too far into the future lines and curves of cars.

·
Banned
4,449 Posts

"The Jetta is like the #1 rated GAY-man's car."
Did you say "like"? Now THAT is gay! What were you reading to find out what cars are gay? Suspicious. I suppose you don't want your car "outing" you.
One good rant deserves another!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Re: Ruined! Ruined I tell you! (kaizenro)

I think that while the Jetta IV is much more round than any of its predesessors, it is much less round than it could have been. The roof line is arched but what cars aren't to some extent nowadays? I think that the Jetta IV is the hottest Jetta since the Jetta II, and call me soft or queer if you want but if I had the money that's what I'd be in--with a chick at co-pilot. As long as the Jetta V's headlights, tail lights and grille aren't too rounded off I'll probably be ok with it. If VW does away with the angular lights and grille that have been so long a part of the Jetta's heritage, who knows what the Jetta will look like. There is visible lineage in the Jetta's styling that dates back from the Jetta II if not the Jetta I. If VW gets rid of that lineage, then I say call it something else. When I first saw the Jetta IV, I thought to myself "wow, that must be the new Jetta, sweet." Volkswagen will be making a big mistake if next time i'm thinking "what's this new car?"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Ruined! Ruined I tell you! (mediumbluemetalic)

That is the exact point that I have been trying to make. VW could be ruining the original look that these cars have withheld through the past years. And the "old" look that these have carried on through the years (which I do like), could be lost within a years time of redesign in which many V-dub customers will step out of line for another VW and move on to another car company. I know that VW's are great cars and that you get more than you pay for (i.e. german engineering, luxury, etc.) but you also have to like the look of your car. I am praying that the "VW-look & -feel" is not forever lost. VW, please don't make that mistake!

·
Registered
657 Posts

I have a Jetta and a big gay friend.Does that count me in as being gay too?

Get the net!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts