VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it seems as if people are in a confessing mood, such as Meat and Uri and Spock with lost clips, bungled pedal installs, etc, etc.
So, go ahead and confess, how many of yas had to go to Merriam Webster's (the only real Webster's, by thw way) to look up the meaning of the "topic heading'?
Now, the reason for this posting? My Egg just celebrated 25K. Why does the brake (not break, once and for all, so give me a break) pedal feal squishy? Why is it not responding until pushed at least half an inch?
Should I go with H rated Yokohama Geolanders, or slap on the original Conti's, which have a very quiet ride, good handling characteristics but lousy treadwear?
It is time to have the car professionally detailed with a hard shell finish, or continue using Zaino liquid polish?
Should I merely have the oil changed, or get "ripped" off for a 25k service, which basically checks this, that and the other thing?
To the guy who posted those beautiful pictures of the painted red calipers, let us know how it is holding up.
To BravoCharlie, tell the caretakers of the Auto Road to roughen it up for our arrival.
To Spock, don't let BravoCharlie visit you again without your knowledge. You have a cat to protect.
To Boni, are you officially going to the Jersey shore Eggtogether which isn't even official yet?
To Spalding, you really are hating that butt ugly Armada, aren't you?
To everyone else, in the name of Soupy Sales (Sails?), go to your mother's or wive's pocketbooks and send mdjak some of that green stuff.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Re: Ruminations (mdjak)

Quote, originally posted by mdjak »
To everyone else, in the name of Soupy Sales (Sails?), go to your mother's or wive's pocketbooks and send mdjak some of that green stuff.

Eyeshadow? Sure, I'll send it right away.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mdjak »

So, go ahead and confess, how many of yas had to go to Merriam Webster's (the only real Webster's, by thw way) to look up the meaning of the "topic heading'?

they don't call me a FOB for no reason!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ruminations (hotdaymnitzbao)

The only meaning I can ascribe to FOB, other than key fob, is:
Freight on Board. Are you overseas already? How's taiwan treating you? Be careful of the impending invasion from the Manchurians.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts

Fresh Off the Boat!
it's hot, humid and nasty here.
been raining since i got off the plane.
on top of that, this jet lag thing is not fun at all. i "napped" at 2pm yesterday and didn't wake up till 3am this morning.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Re: Ruminations (mml7)

lol!!!!!
yes. about 45% of vehicles in taiwan are scooters.
mdjak... i'm not driving over here.
i live in the middle of taipei and everything is 5 min walking distance.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Re: Ruminations (hotdaymnitzbao)

Quote, originally posted by hotdaymnitzbao »
...this jet lag thing is not fun at all. i "napped" at 2pm yesterday and didn't wake up till 3am this morning.

Ambien 10mg
A#1 tool for "Time Zone Management"
Trust me.

·
Registered
47,374 Posts
Re: Ruminations (spikeital)

Funny thing is that this is such a little known expression. Maybe because so few people from other countries come by boat anymore?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Ruminations (Jeff from Mass)

I love those calipers. I really want to do it.
Spock, can the calipers be changed to red instead of painted, meaning replaced?

·
Registered
47,374 Posts

Sure, just buy a new set from VW and paint them. Then install them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts