VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
281 - 300 of 358 Posts
It's nice seeing you take it to its next transformation, it seems pretty fitting to have a VR under your hood. [emoji813]
On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm going to look at something that's BMP tommorow..

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #282 ·
You got this. [emoji1307]
I appreciate you

It's nice seeing you take it to its next transformation, it seems pretty fitting to have a VR under your hood. [emoji813]
On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm going to look at something that's BMP tommorow..

A vr6 has been the dream since the beginning. Admittedly this was more work than I was ready for. I just miss driving this car.

Let me know how it goes!

It sure does look good in here.

I think the clutch slave and master are bad, or maybe I’m just stupid but I can’t get them installed properly

Discussion starter · #285 ·
Glad you got that sorted out [emoji106]
I don't want to derail but I got this thing that matches your BMP today...

CONGRATS [emoji3060]

I want another 20th so badly.

Progress a bit slow now. I’m feeling kind of overwhelmed since I’m on my own, but trying to take everything one step at a time.

Replaced the transmission fluid, oil, and oil filter.

Went to autozone to have my battery charged, my buddy ended up just replacing it under warranty.

Wiring looks a bit overwhelming so I spent some time wrapping it in friction tape so I can feel like it’s a bit more organized haha

Discussion starter · #290 · (Edited)
Old skool Golf ball knob -Nice! Is it a Kamei?
Soon I want to Pm you looking for some exterior paint advice, hope you don't mind..

Yeah, Kamei knob! Love it. Used to have the oem golf ball knob but it didn’t feel as nice. Feel free to pm me here or on Instagram @chancemk2

Discussion starter · #293 ·
Wow, those wheels just always look great on these mk2s. I'm way ahead of myself but am always thinking of wheels too.

I'm curious to see how you handle the wiring. It's a part I'm most worried about screwing up.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I’ve got just about everything buttoned up except for wiring. Wiring is like halfway plugged in and I’m extremely nervous about screwing it up. Honestly looking for someone local to come help me out lol

Discussion starter · #296 ·
Now all that’s left is taking care of all the loose ends. Wiring still isn’t done 100%
Still need to bleed brakes/ clutch. Have to figure out the best way to adapt the fan harness. Need different coolant hoses up front.
I grabbed oem exhaust gaskets for the downpipe to manifold and cat.

Luckily auto zone price matches lol

With the exhaust fully bolted up and new rubber hangers installed, I could finally put the car back on the ground. Yes I’ll have to jack it back up for bleeding the brakes, but let me have this one lol

First time off jack stands in 6 months. Long overdue for a wash.

Discussion starter · #299 ·
Looks [emoji1305]
Big fan, keep up the great work
Thanks guys!
Kinda slowly working on stuff over the last few days

Got this sai plug

Bled the brakes

While I was doing this one, the airline randomly gave way. Sprung a small leak inside the trunk. Not sure why.

Replaced and finished the rest of the brakes

Gave it a really thorough wash. First one in over 6 months!

Sure feels good to see it clean again

Someone from Facebook groups is coming in the morning to lend a hand with this thing. Fingers crossed we get everything finished tomorrow! I’m so excited to drive it.

Discussion starter · #300 ·
New friend came today and helped with the car. The internet is crazy, such a nice guy.

Got the fans wired up and took care of some of the interior wiring as well.

The ac pump started making the worst grinding noises, so we removed it. Luckily the local auto parts store had a non ac belt in stock.

The clutch slave and master are actually toast, so I had to order new ones. Slowly but surely we’re getting there

281 - 300 of 358 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.