VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Re: rust... how much is too much? (buggyman)

Depends on how much are you willing to put into your car, labor and/or money wise. You can easily spend twice as much (or more) more on a cheap rusted car when finsihed then starting off with a $4,000 donor to begin your project with. Always cheaper to byu a finished car. The rest all dpends on what kind of project you're looking for, etc. Personally, I wouldn't spend much effort on a later model bus. They can be bought in good condition cheap easily.
Also what the west cost consdier a rust bucket, east coasters consdier them as a solid start. So "bad rust" has alot of different meanings depending on which region you're in.

· Registered
60 Posts
Re: rust... how much is too much? (nicnaor)

Quote, originally posted by nicnaor »
Also what the west cost consdier a rust bucket, east coasters consdier them as a solid start. So "bad rust" has alot of different meanings depending on which region you're in.

You got that right

· Registered
20 Posts
Re: rust... how much is too much? (Tuggle)

Anyrust is too much rust, especially when you can easily treat it. I used Por15 before and it works great, I got the nice black with a shine and it looked great under the hood. I painted the frame and a bunch of other steel parts. (this was on my Nova btw) but on a Bus it would work great too. Good luck take care of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.