VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating about getting a used s/c cuz they are getting to a point where i can justify the cost....anyways, my car is a '95 so it is obdI, and i have dsr 256 cams installed. I sent out a few emails to vendors to see if they support this sort of setup. Unfortunatly no one is much help in making software for this setup.
SOO...can i get away the ECU from the s/c kit, and go w/ 24# injectors? maybe colder plugs. My car came w/ a 4.0 bar fpr.
I did some looking in the archives, it kinda sounds like this is right mixture.

·
Administrator
87,836 Posts
Re: s/c OBDI vr6 w/ dsr cams (jungle)

well,
I don't know enough about these cars to tell you how different an OBD1 car is vs an OBD2 car...
But I've got a '98 VR6 GTi and had cams when I bought my supercharger...
I had a lean condition and decided to go with 24# injectors to help richen it up a bit.
The problem is there WAS no software to support those injectors in my car.
I ended up running rich most of the time with a pretty lean spot high up in the rpms...plus, the car never ran as well as I thought it would.
But it made things better...
But if you plan on getting 24# injectors you need to know that it probably won't completely fix the issue unless you get some programming specific to those injectors.
C2 and Jeffrey Atwood (jefnes3) are working on obd1 but don't have it completed yet...
So, I don't really know what to tell you. Except that if your obd1 car is anything like my obd2 car then the 24# injectors won't fix your problem completely.
Also,
If you think you may end up going with more boost I would just skip those injectors b/c they are pretty much maxed out with 7lbs of boost on my setup...
Just so you know.
Later,

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: s/c OBDI vr6 w/ dsr cams (nater)

more bump....
I know there are more people out there than this.....
I am sure i could go w/ a stage one kit, and play around w/ the fpr and injector size....but i don't like trial and error when my motor is the wager. Even if we got a decent amount of fuel in there, i am sure another 10hp could be made w/ the chip tuned for this sort of senario.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: s/c OBDI vr6 w/ dsr cams (jungle)

Quote, originally posted by jungle »
I am debating about getting a used s/c cuz they are getting to a point where i can justify the cost....anyways, my car is a '95 so it is obdI, and i have dsr 256 cams installed. I sent out a few emails to vendors to see if they support this sort of setup. Unfortunatly no one is much help in making software for this setup.
SOO...can i get away the ECU from the s/c kit, and go w/ 24# injectors? maybe colder plugs. My car came w/ a 4.0 bar fpr.
I did some looking in the archives, it kinda sounds like this is right mixture.

Aaron,
I'll have to contact Nik at VF to see if he still supports the DSR 256s in his kits.
Best,
Jeremy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts