-dd
EVENT SCHEDULE
9 AM - Vendor Entry
11 AM - Participant Entry
12 PM - Introduction
2 PM - Raffle 1 / Eating Contest / GROUP PHOTO
3 PM - Turn in People's Choice Awards ballots
4 PM - Raffle 2 / People's Choice Award Presentation
BEER and FOOD will be available for purchase ALL DAY, however, we are NOT allowed to have our OWN open containers (i.e. NO coolers full of beer or beer hats
) Beer trolleys will be serving outside to moisten your "whistle".
Even though we will have some of decatur's finests on site, please be cautious and keep an eye out on your stuff (i.e. watch out for those "south of the border" miami guys
)

REGISTER NOW! Cost: Free

Quote, originally posted by durtydubs »
MAPQUEST Directions to SHOW
Please take a moment to map your way to the show as its a unique area to find

-dd

Here's a map that helps put tonite's venue in relation to the show's location tomorrow!!!

See you all very very soon!!!

-dd
Was very dissappointed to see that SVF would not occur this year....
However, a show MUST go on....
Having said that, we have begun organizing and need input....
SO FAR.....
DATE: Saturday APRIL 29th
TIME: 11:00 AM
SHOW & SHINE LOCATION: Mulligan's
630 E Lake Dr
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 377-0108
With arcades, pool tables, full bar, and some of Atlanta's finest menu items such as the "The Hamdog?" (a hot dog wraped in cheese and a burger patty, deep fried and topped with cheese, chili and bacon served on a hoagie bun) or the "Luther Burger," (a bacon cheese burger served on a split and toasted glazed donut), you're bound to have a great time!!!!!

DD OFFICIAL HOTEL:
Holiday Inn Express
2183 North Decatur Road
Decatur, Ga 30033
(404) 320-0888

WHEN CALLING, GIVE THEM THE DATE OF FRIDAY APRIL 28TH, SO THEY CAN PULL OUR GROUP ROOMS UP AND THEN MENTION YOU ARE WITH THE DURTYDUBS AND THEY WILL PROCESS YOU. Once, more than 10 rooms are booked, the group rate discounts will be implemented.
2 room choices:
1) Room w/ 1 king and 1 pull out twin sofa sleeper ($99.95 plus tax) or
2) Room with 2 doubles ($109.95 plus tax)
Amenities
Indoor Pool
Mini Kitchens with 2 top stove, microwave, and minifridge
Complimentary Breakfast
High-speed Internet Access
On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
Iron / Ironing Board
Coffee Maker
Health/Fitness Center On-Site
Hairdryer
A/C Public Areas
THERE ARE OTHER HOTELS in the metro area that will be cheaper, but none as CONVENIENT as this one!!!!
1/4 mile from DD "headquarters"

1/2 mile from the preparty on the 28th (walking distance) and
4 miles from expected show site
6 miles from expected postshow party
PREPARTY: Friday APRIL 28th, 8 PM
Maddy's BBQ
1479 Scott Blvd
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 377-0301
We have got planned for Friday the 28th, a night of blues and bbq at Maddy’s. Working details out with the owner, but be prepaired for one of Atlanta’s best BBQ joints!!!! And even better, not only do they play some of the best blues in town, but they allow patrons to play as well . A few in our VW/Audi community have made it on stage for some serious blues action! Check out Casey on drums, alex on sax, and greg on the bass!!!! SO BRING YOUR APPETITES, YOUR EXTRA BLADDER, AND BRING A FLUTE IF YOU PLAY ONE

POST SHOW PARTY:
TBA

SPONSORS
APR

Dwight Harrison VW

dürtydübs

Barry Palmer Automotive

Panoz Racing School

GMP Performance

BBS

JRC Motorsports

The Bynum's

Assist Racing

C2 Motorsports

AutoTrader.com

PAP-PARTS

ten8teen

Butler Tire (Alphareta)

Hella

Deutsche Motorsport Magazine

---
{disclaimer} there will be no ambulance present at this event {disclaimer}
We are proud to announce that H20 Tuning, Alabama's Premier VW/Audi Car Club, will be sponsors. Details
to follow

H20 Tuning

EDIT:
ITS OFFICIAL
Bama's very own H20 Tuning have agreed to sponsor the first every hamdog/luther burger contest

DETAILS are as such....
1) the dürties and h20 tuning are looking for 5-7 individuals
2) members will be picked via the participant's car club members
3) each club pics 1 and only one member
4) the participants are being TIMED on who can complete the consumption of both a hamdog and THEN a luther burger
5) both sandwiches must be COMPLETELY eaten to be awarded the winner
6) the winner will not only earn the respect of the crowd
, but will also win $100 and win one of the new dürtydüb t-shirts

pics of the said meals for those that might be interested in this event.

and for those wanting even more info... check out this site....
http://texasburgerguy.blogspot....html
please feel free to ask any questions if need be, but think everyone gets the idea

{disclaimer} there will be no ambulance present at this event {disclaimer}
DD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EVENT FORMAT
Show & Shine with ONE best of show [ People's Choice] with interesting award

Due to the short amount of time, not sure how things will turn out, but do need everyones input and support

REGISTER NOW! Cost: Free

- DD

Modified by durtydubs at 5:14 PM 4-28-2006

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (98JettaGT)

Quote, originally posted by 98JettaGT »
Just to point out, Bug-A-Paluza in Chattanooga is April 22-23 this year.
Bug-a-paluza

Yup, ut he said

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am willing to help out anyway needed. I can do vinyl signs and stuff- or whatever you might need. Just ask- i'll see what I can do

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (98JettaGT)

Quote, originally posted by 98JettaGT »
Just to point out, Bug-A-Paluza in Chattanooga is April 22-23 this year.

i thought it was the 29th.....

thanks felix

don't think there is an event the saturday before (the 15th) or the saturday after (the 29th)
will most likely be the 29th, but will confirm soon http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
DD

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (durtydubs)

I'm in for helping however I can. I would love be a part of making this happen. Even tough it is a tight schedule, I am sure that it will be a good event for all

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (kuklaki)

called stone mountain earlier today and still waiting to get details....
also spoke to jeff and added the BYNUM's as potential sponsers http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
here again, sorry for the sloppy post, but once i get a decent amount of time, i'll get back and correct this thread.....

DD

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (durtydubs)

You know I'm good for whatever you need helping out with http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (SMOOTH)

I like it, just let me know what i can do.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (BERTO171)

I was able to go to alotta shows last year up in the NE and some of the people really enjoyed participating with who would win a trophy or what not. I believe at the time sheets were given out to those that entered the show. Or something along that line. I really like the idea of people going to see the show participating directly with those showing their cars.
Or have alot of different unique classes so most people will come away with something plus a pleasant experience. I understand the concept of a show an shine not to be a competition but if we could find a fair medium I think the potential for growth would be great as opposed to adopting one format over another.
Maybe a raffle for charity or a food donation bin might be nice to have around. I suppose we need to evaluate what costs are involved in pulling this off with funding from the sponsors.
One quality I enjoyed about SVF was that it was a competition but it was still pretty laid back compared to other shows. I enjoyed my time at the last show because of this and I hope to see that reflected in future plans.

Modified by BoostedVeeDub at 5:42 PM 3-8-2006

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,185 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (007BOND)

sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (ATL_Av8r)

Quote, originally posted by ATL_Av8r »
You know I'm good for whatever you need helping out with http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

i would like to nominate mike to be the "official" valet for the show http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif he's a responsible DD http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

disclaimer, the can was empty and no animals were hurt while these pics were taken with the exception of our fine-feathered-friend
rest in piece little homie

take care,
nash

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (Nashty Rabbit)

I'll be going... among a bunch of other H20 fella's..
My gratitude goes out to all who are working to make this a reality. It's definantly appreciated. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: S.E. 1st Annual dürtyfest (show & shine) - April 22nd 2006 (durtydubs)

Quote, originally posted by durtydubs »

POTENTIAL LOCATION:
Stone Mountain Park: plan on calling them tommorrow to see details in renting a pavillion and space.
due to the short amount of time, not sure how things will turn out, but do need everyones input and support

will be back later tonight with updates and to fix this sloppy post...

DD

Modified by durtydubs at 4:22 PM 3-8-2006

Stone MTN park is a good place to hold the event. 2 years ago I helped set up a car show in the park and we had a great event. There are a lot rules to follow, so you may wanna call and for a list. Biggest problem I had was no loud music. We were trying to set a sound system comp but we had to X that one out. Although when they have their yearly classic car or Vette show in the park, the loud speakers they set up to blast country music can be heard from HWY-78. go figure

oh well....
If you need help, let me know. I live 6 miles from the park, I ride my bike there in the summer.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
This sounds like a good idea. I posted it up in on TN Dubs, so maybe we can bring a good group from Nashville, Knoxville and Chatty.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Re: (vr6Cop)

This sounds like a good alternative to SVF. Eurotech being there is a big plus seeing as how I got a new VR that I would like to GIAC'd. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 374 Posts