VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i no everyone talks bout 2.o 's bieng slow and dont watse ur time - just get a 1.8t or vr - but how much does a 1.8t pushing out stock and damn how can i find the engine alone. i still wanna build a 2.0 with atleast 200hp all motor and i no it can be done - im thinkin port and polish racing pistons but wat else

· Registered
6,552 Posts
Re: s need help on power (serious a3)

200WHP from an All-motor ABA is really just a pipe-dream... Ya, its possible, but you are more likely to be struck by lightning 5 times than to get 200whp out of an ABA. Just stating the fact.

Turbo, Supercharge, Nitrous, High compression ABF buildup.... There are really only 4 ways to make an ABA scream... If you want all motor, buy a VR or pass the blunt, you've had it too long.

· Registered
558 Posts
Re: s need help on power (serious a3)

200hp can be done with a lot of customization, I am sure if you gave VW $5,000,000 they can do it. In your case what is the spending limit? $8000? Also, are we talking about an AEG, ABA, 16v or 20v conversions? what are we talking about here are there restrictions? eg. Has to fit in a MK3, Has to have a full exaust and Cat, no standalone or ITBs, etc...
From the looks of your post you just want more power, and do not care about going faster. I understand more power will inherently make you faster but there are more way to go faster? eg. lighten up your chassis, re-gear your transmission, better tires, etc....
Please give us more info on the things you are willing and unwilling to do to your car to get to 200hp and list some of the items you think will get you there. I beleive if you are really serious, update your orginal post and start a listing of items you think will get you to 200hp and i am sure others on the forum will help you add to that list.

· Registered
3,835 Posts
Re: s need help on power (ABF Jeff)

Quote, originally posted by ABF Jeff »
200WHP from an All-motor ABA is really just a pipe-dream... Ya, its possible, but you are more likely to be struck by lightning 5 times than to get 200whp out of an ABA. Just stating the fact.

Personally, I would love to see 200 crank hp out of a streetable N/A ABA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.