VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the facility I go to. Good service, decent price, and I can even fillup there. Inside it has a little Bubble arcade game I am addicted to. I can watch my car get slowly towed down the auto-tract while it gets massaged with terrycloth towels and donned with Lucky Charms colored foam that the blinking sign above dubs "RAINBOW WAX". (I love Rainbow Wax) Or if I choose, I can watch the Newport Beach-types get their oxblood loafers shoe shined while their SLK's, M5's, and X-types--that they are clueless about--get their dashes chemically treated.
Well, now that I have lowered my car and put sway bars on, I am leary of bringing my car there, because of the conveyer belt that my car needs to sit on as it goes through. All the "hand washes" I know of have these. Now, I love my car, but I also love my Saturdays. I'd rather be driving than wiping my hood with a diaper. Does anyone know of a hand wash in OC that either 1) Accomodates lowered vehicles with wide tires, or 2) Does not use an auto-tract to pull the car through the dish water? If so, let me know. Oh...and they have to sell Vanillaroma.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (MINDGAME)

My car is lowered with H&R sports, (~1.5"), and I've been to two hand wash places in OC that use the "auto-tract" to pull the car and had no problems. I'm guessing your lower?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (Digitalcandy)

My car is dropped about 1 3/8", but the rear sway bar hangs really low under my coil-overs. I picked up a chunk of truck tire laying in the middle of the freeway with them yesterday afternoon. Thing was only inches off the ground and I managed to hit it. So, I'm not necessarily unable to run on the conveyer belt...just really sketched about it.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

Wake up a little early on saturday and wash your car yourself.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (KEITH)

I do wake up early on Saturday. However, I'd rather get some breakfast with my friends than spend my morning with a bucket and a graden hose. Plus, the marine layer here in Costa Mesa doesn't lift til 10, 10:30, so no matter what, washing creeps into the middle of the day.
I know that some people are really into washing their cars, and I can respect that. My buddy has never let his VR6 be touched by another's shammy. He does "three coats this", "special cleaner that"...great. But not for me.

[Modified by MINDGAME, 12:08 PM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

I never take my car to the wash, but I know someone with a 2" drop and a rear sway that took his car before he sold it. It scraped up the ends of the bar, but it worked. He had 19's too, and no probs.

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (HKSpeed)

quote:[HR][/HR]what about the fuba antenna. will an automated car wash break it?[HR][/HR]​
No Sir, it will not.
quote:[HR][/HR]My buddy has never let his VR6 be touched by another's shammy. [HR][/HR]​
I dont let anyone touch my money maker either. I know of a mk4 VR6 that broke an oil pan in a Autotrack Car Wash.
MIND GAME
If you dont mind going to HB, the Car wash I go to is a HAnd/Bucket wash and theydont put the car in the machine. They also have a Rim Service, but its 6 bucks and it works.
Beach Blvd. and Garfield

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (longshanks)

quote:[HR][/HR]I know of a mk4 VR6 that broke an oil pan in a Autotrack Car Wash.
[HR][/HR]​

*e

·
Banned
10,500 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]They also have a Rim Service, but its 6 bucks and it works.[HR][/HR]​
damn, a rim job for $6?! sure beats the $40 i gave that hooker last night

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I use to live in HB. Unfortunately, I've been blacklisted for not having enough tribal tattoos. It didn't help that I didn't own an SUV or like Korn. I'm kind of scared to go back, but if I disquised myself with a backwards red flexfit cap, a wife beater, and called people bro, I may swoop under their radar undetected. What's the name of this hand washing rim jobbing palace?

·
Banned
1,117 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I use to live in HB. Unfortunately, I've been blacklisted for not having enough tribal tattoos. It didn't help that I didn't own an SUV or like Korn. I'm kind of scared to go back, but if I disquised myself with a backwards red flexfit cap, a wife beater, and called people bro, I may swoop under their radar undetected. What's the name of this hand washing rim jobbing palace?[HR][/HR]​
Hey man, I hate it tooo hahahha
Dont know the name, its rite on the corner, cant miss
Bro hyme
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
194 Posts

That is the first time I have laughed out loud in days...
when do you all want to kick it... just some dubs in OC?????
We can all get rim jobs in HB - - - kinda like a circle jerk!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (KEITH)

quote:[HR][/HR]Wake up a little early on saturday and wash your car yourself. [HR][/HR]​
I generally wash my car at about 10:30pm or so. Water dries way too fast on e black car in the day. It is too hot in riverside in the day to wash a car. Plus, I am the only person that I trust with my car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to the Garlfield/Beach extablishment today. I got a hand wash, rim job, and hot wax. It took about 45 minutes, so needless to say the session didn't end pre-maturely. Total cost was $39.99--which is more than I am use to paying--but you do get what you pay for in that business. I left a big tip, but I always do at these types of places. If your a good tipper, sometimes they even spend a little extra time giving your undercarriage a little 'how's your father?'.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Re: ~S.O.S.~ Need hand wash in OC (Slapshotnerd)

quote:[HR][/HR]damn, a rim job for $6?! sure beats the $40 i gave that hooker last night
[HR][/HR]​
LMAO

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

HEY mindgame HOW can u not know of Classic Car wash on 17th street east of Newport Blvd in costa mesa? (across the st from Baja Fresh). ITs $12 or so....all hand wash/armor all tires and best of all they do'nt use a rail to drive it thru....they drive the car in the bay....hand wash it....then they drive the car themselves thru the air dryer ...then they hand dry the car......good job ....hot cars always go there...take a lil time to do it though.....HIGHLY recommend it for price/quality of job compared to doing it yourself.

[Modified by BoraBill, 1:05 AM 6-5-2002]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts