VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to find this hood for my Cabby. i have talked to a couple of places around my area and nobody can get it. I have seen them on other VW's and after seeing it on the Cabby I really think I want one for my car. I believe it is a Audi S1 or S2 hood but I might be wrong. If anybody has any info on what car the hood is off or how to go about getting one for my car.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
613 Posts
Re: S1 Hood?? I think (Fst'N'Frs)

I am not 100% sure but I think that hood is made by perfect choice motorsports. It is fiberglass. I personally don't like it but They do make some nice fiberglass hatches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: S1 Hood?? I think (Bluehorizon)

I agree on not going with the 4 hole spoiler. Personally, though, I think that hood is pretty sweet, it'd look nice on a GTI. The hood deffinately has a particular personality to it and if thats what you want than props to you man. On the other hand, if your going for a nice clean, smooth look and want the sweet old school german lines the shine through than I'd steer away from that hood.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]What about that hood in CF would it be possible?[HR][/HR]​
yes, but a custom mold would have to be made so the cost for a single hood would be $$$$$, if we could sell 5 of them odds are that hood would cost about 600$ shipped per person, but for a single buyer, its as I said, big $$

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

There was a company in Germany that originally produced these years ago and is obviously no longer around. They were Duplicates of the Audi hoods used on the early Rallye Quattros.
Another example of one:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: S1 Hood?? I think (16V_Scirocco_GTX)

quote:[HR][/HR]
There was a company in Germany that originally produced these years ago and is obviously no longer around. They were Duplicates of the Audi hoods used on the early Rallye Quattros.
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, like this one:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts