VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm experiencing an annoying rattle / drone that comes from the front-left (firewall area) of the car. It happens only at 4k rpm (can reproduce without boost, not a turbo noise). Most likely the soundaktor acting up (badum tis).
Searching for this issue, i found this thread : Hello S3!! but why that rattle??
And also found informations about a TSB for the issue, but i can't get a hold of the TSB itself and i'd rather not subscribe to NHTSA for a single TSB.

NHTSA ID: 10130225
TSB ID: A911523 2042374-

The customer complains of an engine droning noise or rattle noise when the engine speed is approximately 3,500 to 4,000 rpm. (vehicle speed does not affect the noise; the vehicle can be stationary.) the source of the noise seems to be from
All the informations i found about this tsb are partial and end at "seems to be from" ... not super useful eh!

I've had the car for nearly 4 years now, this did not happens in the first 3 years, only this winter and it only happens at low temperatures (less than -10 celsius).

Anybody had the same issue and got it fixed ? Or has access to TSBs ?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine S3 is 2015 106K same thing high rpm have a YouTube video on it. But comes and goes..
Sounds like VTEC is kicking in. Right?
Anyways I ran cobb codes first time I heard it. And no codes.
So has to be something loose. In dash front.
I take care of this baby so...im confident is not engine then again eh... another phenomenon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts