VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you already know, i just got my hands on an S4 and it has an after market catback exhaust, with 2 long round DTM ( is that what they're called? tips?)
the sound is nice and deep, throaty like, yet not loud and abnoxious like my other car (G60 CORRADO). the only thing that's upsetting me, is that it sits way too low... where at one point it scrapes my driveway going in and the worse part is that the way the tips look, they're crooked and not fully flushed with the cutout of the bumper? why is that? i took and put it on lift by MIDAS! and i found out that theres'a bunch of morons that work there... they tried to lift it some, and now it's more crooked than before...
they even showed me where they couldnt' raise it anymore so i'm all messed up here, real confused..
any help and/or suggestions?
BTW, i have no idea where that stuff came from, autothority chip so perhaps that exhaust is from there also?
thanks
Ray 90G60
'00S4

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Re: S4 exhaust question! (Ray'sRedG60)

don't know about MIDAS, but a good custom muffler guy should be able to straighten things out for you. I know and EXCELLENT one in Jersey if you need a name. fwiw, DTM tips are usually angle cut and always bend up the back valence of the car...hope you get things straighten out, i've got serious audi-envy over your ride....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: S4 exhaust question! (Jeff43)

hey jeff! what part of jersey is this shop at?
i think the folks that did this installation are in englewood n.j, (autosport?)
thankyou,
and, I HOPE i can bump into you on the GSP one of these days driving your newly purchased S4 soon

Good luck,
Ray 90G60
'00 S4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts